Leading Technologies for Our Patients
We use the latest radiation oncology technologies to deliver powerful cancer treatments with pinpoint accuracy and precision.
Our cutting-edge radiation oncology treatment options include intensity-modulated radiation therapy (IMRT). Houston Methodist was the first in the nation to provide IMRT, which delivers a high dose of radiation while restricting exposure to surrounding healthy tissues. Patients receiving IMRT experience fewer side effects and experience a quicker recovery.
We continue to develop advanced treatments and technologies to better screen, diagnose and treat cancers in order to reduce complications and improve survival rates.
Other radiation oncology treatment options include:
- Low-Dose-Rate (LDR) Brachytherapy
- High-Dose-Rate (HDR) Brachytherapy
- Image Guided Radiation Therapy (IGRT)
- Partial Breast Irradiation for Breast Cancer
- Stereotactic Body Radiation Therapy (SBRT)
- Stereotactic Body Radiosurgery
- Stereotactic Radiation Therapy
- Plaque Radiotherapy for Eye Cancer
Collaboration within Houston Methodist Cancer Center and with other institutions results in scientific research that is translated to our outstanding clinical care. In addition, our standard of care is routinely assessed and updated to ensure we continue to offer the most effective services for our patients.