Houston Methodist Weight Management Center is here to serve our patients’ needs by providing care via video or telephone visits for:
- Bariatric Surgery Classes
- Diabetes Education Classes
- Individual Appointments
- Medical Weight Management/StepLITE Orientations: Register here
- Medical Weight Management/StepLITE Start-Ups
- Medical Weight Management/StepLITE Clinics and Classes
Our bariatric and diabetes support groups have been canceled through the end of July 2020.
For more than 30 years, our medical professionals have helped people manage their weight with or without surgery. Our experts have been dedicated to offering the support, tools and education needed to lose weight, keep it off and live a healthier lifestyle. We provide diet and fitness guidance, counseling and medical supervision to maintain weight goals.
Houston Methodist Weight Management Center provides personalized care and treatment to patients with weight issues, obesity, high blood pressure, diabetes or lipid disorders. The team includes:
- Diabetes educators
- Mental health professionals
- Exercise professionals
- Doctors and physician assistants
- Bariatric surgeons
We offer a variety of programs to help you make the best decision for your needs.
Weight Loss Surgery
Learn More >
For patients with a body mass index (BMI) between 35 and 40 and a life-threatening comorbidity (diabetes, high blood pressure, heart problems, sleep apnea or reflux disease) or a BMI greater than 40 (calculate your BMI):
- Surgical weight-loss options
- Pre and postsurgery programs
- National recognition from the Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program
- Major insurance providers accepted
Weight Loss Programs
Learn More >
For patients who are ready to lose weight but need help getting started, we offer two weight loss programs:
- A moderate weight-loss program that teaches healthy eating habits, lifestyle changes and increased physical activity.
- A medically monitored program that teaches you to achieve and maintain a healthier weight and offers long-term accountability, personal support and education.
Medical Nutrition Therapy
Learn More >
Recognized by the American Diabetes Association, our programs focus on personalized treatment plans for patients with diabetes so they can manage their disease and improve their health:
- Group and individual education
- Type 1, type 2, gestational diabetes and prediabetes