The gold standard in radiation treatment, TrueBeam technology delivers powerful cancer treatments with pinpoint accuracy and precision — and opens the door to new possibilities for treating the most challenging cases.
TrueBeam provides the following advantages for treatment:
- Delivers fast, accurate, image-guided treatments that take just a few minutes per day
- Delivers treatment more accurately by enabling physicians to “see” the tumor they treat and target tumors with sub-millimeter accuracy
- Reduces exposure of X-ray doses
Novalis is a dedicated, image-guided system for stereotactic radiosurgery and stereotactic radiotherapy (SRS/SRT) as well as stereotactic body radiotherapy (SBRT). Novalis has the following advantages:
- Precisely shapes the cancer-fighting radiation beam around a tumor or lesion, ensuring that the maximum prescribed dose of radiation is delivered to the entire tumor or lesion while protecting the healthy surrounding tissue
- Delivers treatments in just 15 to 20 minutes
- Offers noninvasive, frameless radiosurgery
- Offers a more patient-friendly treatment experience with a custom-fit mask
The TomoTherapy Hi-Art System® is a revolutionary way to treat cancer with radiation. With this system, the radiation therapy team can confirm the location of the patient's tumor before each treatment and deliver painless and precise radiation therapy based on a carefully customized treatment plan. TomoTherapy has the following advantages:
- Monitors and modifies the patient’s customized treatment plan throughout the course of treatment
- Enables simultaneous treatment of multiple tumors, which means reduced time and greater comfort for patients
- Offers noninvasive treatments as painless as having a CT scan or X-ray
Varian Clinac 21EX
This linear accelerator offers image guidance, extensive functionality and a full-dose range for IMRT and IGRT applications, including high-dose stereotactic radiosurgery or low-dose therapy. This approach has many advantages:
- Delivers an accurate, consistent dose
- Is versatile and easy to adapt to different treatment plans
- Has a large range of energy configurations
Phillips CT Simulator
The Philips CT Simulator provides precision and flexibility in scanning and dose delivery.
Varian High Dose Rate (HDR) Afterloader
In HDR brachytherapy, accurate placement and complete control are of utmost importance. The Varian HDR Afterloader's computer-based management system allows for proper placement, replacement and dose control throughout the process.
Multidisciplinary collaboration within the Department of Radiation Oncology and with other institutions results in scientific research that is translated to the outstanding clinical care we provide. In addition, our standard of care is routinely assessed and updated to ensure that we continue to offer the most effective services to our patients.
Learn more about the variety of innovative radiation therapies offered at Houston Methodist.