Find a Pancreatic Cancer Specialist
Houston Methodist’s specialists are among the best worldwide in researching and treating pancreatic cancer. We are dedicated to providing each patient compassionate care in a collaborative and innovative environment.
Your team, including gastroenterologists, as well as medical, radiation and surgical oncologists, will work with you to develop the most appropriate treatment based on your disease and needs, providing the level of care we would seek for our own families. Patients come to Houston Methodist from all over the world because we offer options they could not find elsewhere.
Our commitment to quality patient care in all departments and divisions also attracts leading experts and the country’s most experienced doctors, surgeons and researchers to Houston Methodist.
Causes and Risk Factors
- Chronic pancreas inflammation (pancreatitis)
- Family history of genetic syndromes that can increase cancer risk
- Family history of pancreatic cancer
- Upper abdomen pain that radiates to your back
- Appetite loss or unintended weight loss
- Onset of diabetes
- Blood clots
- Yellowing of your skin and whites of your eyes (jaundice)
- Computerized tomography (CT) scans
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
- Positron emission tomography (PET) scans
- Blood tests