Patient Support &
Understanding that cancer care extends beyond your physical needs, Houston Methodist Dr. Mary and Ron Neal Cancer Center at Sugar Land offers a number of programs designed to support cancer patients, families and caregivers.
Survivorship Programs We Offer
Our programs and events are designed to promote healing, discussion and camaraderie among local cancer survivors and caregivers — free of charge.
- Thriving Through Creative Arts — Offers survivors a chance to relax and express themselves through art — a proven approach to help cope with the aftermath of cancer and cancer treatment every first Thursday of the month
- Life in Motion — A creative movement program designed to improve physical, social and emotional health that meets every second Tuesday of the month.
- Music4Life — A unique music-listening program that improves muscle relaxation, mood management, expression of emotion and physical well-being meeting every fourth Thursday of the month.
To view the full schedule for these programs and to register, click here and type "Cancer" in the Keyword search bar, or call 346.371.2258.
Survivors Day Celebration — Every June, we celebrate National Cancer Survivors Day®, an annual, worldwide celebration of life that is held in hundreds of communities throughout the United States, Canada and other participating countries. Survivors and caregivers unite in a symbolic event to show the world that life after a cancer diagnosis can be meaningful and productive.
- Beat the Pack — This quarterly free quit-smoking program was developed by Pfizer Inc. and sponsored by Houston Methodist Neal Cancer Center at Sugar Land.
The sessions are led by a Houston Methodist live facilitator and include tools and tips, a support group of smokers like you who want to quit and help to create your quit plan. Contact Joan Burnham to register.
- Breast Cancer Support Group — Trained facilitators from Houston Methodist Neal Cancer Center at Sugar Land help women and men at any stage of diagnosis and treatment understand that breast cancer can affect them emotionally and spiritually – not just physically. The meetings are designed to ensure that no one faces breast cancer alone. Contact Yolanda Lopez to register.
- General Cancer Support Group — This monthly support group provides education and camaraderie among cancer survivors by helping reduce feelings of loneliness, anxiety and distress; helping increase feelings of hope and empowerment; and teaching new ways to cope. Contact Yolanda Lopez to register.
- Ostomy Support Group — This group provides support, encouragement, education and guidance to patients with ostomies (colostomy, ileostomy and urostomy).
Support group meetings feature expert presentations from health care professionals and opportunities to share stories and discuss life after ostomy procedures. Contact Joan Burnham to register.