Perhaps the best way to learn about our highly trained cancer specialists, the compassionate environment and innovative cancer treatments is through our patients. View their inspiring stories below to learn more about their experience of being a patient at Houston Methodist:
- Loretta Mosses, breast cancer survivor
- Ruby Wilson, breast cancer survivor
- Sophie Hoelscher, candidate for radiation to treat bulky Hodgkin’s lymphoma
- Darrell, treated for a rare form of eye cancer
- Richard Kutner, lung cancer survivor
After seeing the x-ray that revealed his lung cancer, Richard Kutner had to decide where to seek treatment and how to fight his disease. He chose Houston Methodist, where he knew he would receive the personalized, compassionate care he desired from high quality physicians and staff. His doctor answered his treatment questions and developed a plan to reduce the size of his cancer as much as possible, while preventing its growth. Six months after his diagnosis, he spends more time with his son and believes he has an incredible quality of life that continues to improve.