Houston Methodist has more than 95 full-time licensed athletic trainers across the system, serving more than 500 public and private schools, colleges and universities, as well as youth and adult sports leagues across southeast Texas.
As the official health care provider for the Houston Texans, Houston Astros, Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo™, Rice University Athletics, Houston Ballet, Houston Symphony and Houston Grand Opera, we provide the highest quality care to student athletes, active adults and elite professionals.
Athletic Training Services
Houston Methodist’s highly skilled athletic trainers work with teams at all levels. Backed by Houston Methodist's extensive resources, state-of-the-art facilities and cutting-edge technology, we offer unparalleled athletic training services for your team, organization, tournament or athletic event:
- Educational information is available on several sports medicine topics (hydration, nutrition, concussions, upcoming community events) for coaches, parents and athletes.
- Our athletic trainer hotline is monitored to answer questions you might have.
- Priority scheduling is provided at our sports medicine physicians’ offices for an evaluation.
- Injury evaluations also are provided during weekly clinics onsite at your organization’s main field to triage your athletes. Our athletic trainers will provide full evaluations and recommendations for treatment.
- On-site special event coverage is available to community-based participants and includes on-site licensed athletic trainers, medical supplies for prevention and treatment of injuries, emergency medical supplies and hydration options, as well as severe weather services.
Let our dedicated staff give you and your team a competitive edge while keeping you in top condition. Call our athletic trainer hotline at 346.238.6790 and we will respond back to you as soon as possible.
The mission of our orthopedic and sports medicine specialists and athletic trainers includes helping local athletes of all levels and ages maintain peak performance through injury prevention education, treatment and rehabilitation.
Our orthopedic specialists, physical therapists and athletic trainers dedicate countless hours each year to provide sideline and athletic training-room coverage for hundreds of youth, high school and college teams, as well as adult leagues in the Greater Houston area. We also provide outreach for athletic training and ongoing continuing education events.
We take Houston Methodist’s world-class services into communities where high quality sports medicine care is often unavailable. We deliver specialized care to individuals as well as youth leagues, clubs, secondary and college teams, and adult leagues.
Do you know of an opportunity where our trainers can help in the community? Call us at 713.790.3333 to discuss the options.