Eligibility & Application
Application ProcessHouston Methodist Hospital participates in the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP):
- All PGY-1 positions are offered through the NRMP.
- Applications must be processed through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS).
- Paper applications are not accepted.
- "Pre-Match" positions are not offered.
- All applications are carefully reviewed with selected applicants notified electronically to interview through ERAS.
- Please limit inquiries into application status.
Note: Houston Methodist no longer hires employees who use tobacco products. Our new tobacco-free hiring policy supports our mission to improve the health of our patients, our employees and the community around us. As a health care provider, we believe we should promote a healthy environment for our own employees and the communities where we work and live.
Eligibility Criteria & Application MaterialsAll applicants must submit the necessary forms to be considered:
- A common ERAS application form
- A dean’s letter (MSPE) and at least two (2) other letters of recommendation; preferably, one of the letters should be from the chairman of orthopedics (all letters of recommendation should be current or within the last 2 years)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Official medical school transcript
- Personal statement
- Must have passed USMLEs steps 1 and 2 on first attempt (minimum score of 240 is required)
- Graduation from medical school within the last year
Important DatesApplication Deadline: November 1st;
Interview Season: All interviews are conducted in January