At Houston Methodist, fostering innovations with the potential for clinical application is at the very heart of what we do. Trainees are an integral part of this mission, and we have education opportunities for researchers at every stage of their career, including undergraduates, graduate students and postdoctoral fellows.
The office helps to develop educational and research partnerships locally, nationally, and internationally and to generate medical innovation which can be translated into clinical practice. This is accomplished via the exchange of students and postdoctoral researchers, through faculty reciprocity agreements, and in joint research programs.
There are many educational and career development opportunities for trainees of all types.
Houston Methodist provides a unique environment for postdoctoral researchers on career paths to leadership in translational medicine. Our postdoctoral researchers work with multidisciplinary teams to identify clinically relevant challenges, and develop research projects that translate into technological advances in the clinic.
- As a sustaining member of the National Postdoctoral Association, we enable postdocs at Houston Methodist to be a part of a large national network of peers that aids in funding opportunities, career placement and training.
- You may also feel free to search for open positions for postdoctoral fellowships.
Degree Program CollaborationsNational and international institutions offering joint-affiliated degree program collaborations, such as:
- The Texas A&M EnMed Program, an MD program centered around engineering medicine.
- The Texas A&M MD/PhD Program
- The Master of Clinical Translation Management Program at the University of St. Thomas, bridging the gap between science and biomedical entrepreneurship.
- A host of other joint graduate programs fostered by collaborations with Houston Methodist.
Summer InternshipsWe also host a number of Summer Internships for various groups, including:
- The Summer Undergraduate Research Internship for translational research.
- The Rosenberg Summer Surgical Fellowship for surgical shadowing.
- The High School Research Internship for high school students
For more information on any of these programs, please contact the Office of Graduate Studies and Trainee Affairs at OGSTA@houstonmethodist.org.