Let Us Help You
Let Us Help You
To provide an environment of increased representation, inclusion, respect and support for LGBTQ+ employees and their allies across the Houston Methodist system while increasing knowledge, expanding relationships and connecting the Houston Methodist family to the wider LGBTQ+Allies community.
The LGBTQ+Allies ERG will seek:
- To make Houston Methodist employees and patients more comfortable and welcome through education/outreach to Houston Methodist and the community
- To overcome barriers that may exist between LGBTQ+Allies employees and the larger Houston Methodist family
- To connect Houston Methodist to the external LGBTQ+Allies community
- To support the spiritual care of the LGBTQ+Allies population of employees
2023 General Membership Meetings
- Jan. 27
- Feb. 24
- Mar. 24
- Apr. 28
- May 26
- June 23
- July 28
- Aug. 25
- Sept. 22
- Oct. 27
- Nov. 24
- Dec. 22
All meetings are virtual and held every fourth Friday of each month from Noon-1 p.m.
Please contact LGBTQ+Allies@houstonmethodist.org if you are interested in becoming a member or would like to learn more.
2022 Events and ActivitiesHouston Methodist ERGs host numerous exciting, educational and engaging activities throughout the year. In addition to its general membership meetings, professional development, social and community service events, and involvement in systemwide initiatives in which ERG members participate, the LGBTQ+ Allies ERG hosted the following all-employee events in 2022:
- "Transgender Day of Visibility: Caring for the Transgender Patient"
- 2022 PRIDE Celebration
- LGBTQ+ Health Symposium
- World AIDS Day Information and Awareness Initiative