Houston Methodist Asian Heritage ERG provides an inclusive space to advocate for the diverse needs of Houston Methodist employees and visitors, including, but not limited to:
- Sharing and raising awareness about issues facing Asian heritage employees and the community at large,
- Partnering with other ERGs to ensure equity of opportunity and recognition for all,
- Building an environment that provides equal respect and opportunity for all,
- Facilitating professional development,
- Educating the community about rich and varied cultures encompassed by Asian heritage, as well as promoting educational, cultural and social awareness for the Asian community and its supporters.
Our vision is to enhance the presence and influence of all employees and visitors with Asian heritage within Houston Methodist and to serve as a collective voice for those and their supporters as integral to the Houston Methodist I CARE values.
2023 General Membership Meetings
- Jan. 26
- Feb. 23
- Mar. 24
- April 27
- May 25
- June 22
- July 27
- Aug. 24
- Sept. 28
- Oct. 26
- Nov. 23
- Dec. 28
All meetings are virtual and held on the fourth Thursday of each month from noon-1 p.m.
Please contact AsianHeritage@houstonmethodist.org if you are interested in becoming a member or would like to learn more.
2022 Events and Activities
Houston Methodist ERGs host numerous exciting, educational and engaging activities throughout the year. In addition to its general membership meetings, professional development, social and community service events, and involvement in systemwide initiatives in which ERG members participate, the Asian Heritage ERG hosted the following all-employee events in 2022:
- Lunar New Year Celebration
- "DEI for Asian Americans in Medicine"