Certified Hand Therapy
The hand is a delicate network of bones, tendons, ligaments and cartilage and is vital to everyday activities of work and play. This also makes the hand vulnerable to a number of injuries and conditions:
- Carpal tunnel syndrome (repetitive movement)
- Fractures and sprains from sports and athletics
- Arthritis (joint inflammation)
- Trigger finger (a condition in which one of your fingers gets stuck in a bent position)
- Tendonitis (inflammation, irritation and swelling of a tendon)
Houston Methodist’s certified hand therapists (CHTs) are trained in the latest techniques in hand and upper extremity rehabilitation to ensure that our patients recover quickly and safely.
Certified Hand Therapy Services
Our team of certified hand therapists is trained in providing patient education on hand-related injuries or conditions, wound care, splinting, managing rehabilitation and developing post-surgical rehabilitation plans.
While the primary focus of hand therapy is on strengthening and a resumption of range of motion and function, our CHTs are uniquely trained in the following specialized diagnostic, treatment and rehabilitation options:
- Manual therapy
- BTE’s functional capacity evaluation
- Gratson technique
One of our CHTs will work with you to develop an individualized plan of treatment, including strengthening, for a pain-free recovery, so you can resume your normal activities.
Ready to get back to your everyday activities of work and play? Call us at 713.790.3333 to discuss your options.