Southwest Valve Summit —
On the River
This Heart Valve Summit - On the River, is designed to highlight case based decision making for the accurate diagnosis and effective treatment of heart valve disorders. With an emphasis on functional anatomy, imaging innovation, and percutaneous valve interventions, this course will engage and educate cardiologists, cardiovascular surgeons, anesthesiologists, nurse practitioners, internal medicine specialists, and fellows in training.Learn More
Houston Methodist DeBakey Heart & Vascular Center Valve Clinic combines outstanding clinical care, advanced imaging and surgical excellence to offer coordinated evaluation and treatment options for patients with complex heart valve diseases.
Our services include:
- Leading-edge imaging technology at nationally accredited imaging labs, including 64 slice CT, cardiac MRI and 3D echocardiography (including 3D transesophageal echocardiography, or TEE)
- Interpretation of results by internationally recognized physicians
- Treatment recommendations, including use of anticoagulant medications to discourage the formation of blood clots
- Patient education and support
- Complete options for treatment, including catheter-based interventions, minimally-invasive robotic heart valve repair or replacement surgery, and open surgery
- Second opinions: Review of valve diagnosis, severity, and the timing and type of recommended treatment
- Ongoing follow-up care
For more information or to refer a patient to the Valve Clinic, please call 713-441-2863 or complete the online contact us form.