Medical Management of Liver Disease
The team at Sherrie and Alan Conover Center for Liver Disease & Transplantation at Houston Methodist Hospital possesses the passion and expertise to care for patients with complex liver diseases and cancers, which are prevalent in Texas.
We offer the most innovative drug therapies, surgical technologies and transplant protocols, while continuing to research and develop more advanced methods.
Our experts use state-of-the-art technology and facilities to deliver the highest standard of individualized care for each patient. We strive to provide unmatched and comprehensive evaluation, patient education, disease management and team-oriented care to improve our patients’ lives, no matter the disease stage.
Expertise in Treating Life-Threatening Disease
The liver breaks down and purifies everything you consume, including food, alcohol, drugs and medications. As liver disease progresses, it impairs metabolism, detoxification and storage functions, ultimately affecting the entire body and becoming life threatening.
The Conover center offers specialized programs for all advanced liver diseases and cancers. As part of the Houston Methodist J.C. Walter Jr. Transplant Center, we perform more than 100 liver transplants annually, including living donor, split-liver and multi-organ transplants.
- Viral hepatitis (A, B, C)
- Metabolic diseases
- Fatty liver disease, or nonalcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH)
- Wilson’s disease
- Primary hyperoxaluria
- Autoimmune disorders
- Autoimmune hepatitis (AIH)
- Primary biliary cholangitis (PBC)
- Primary sclerosing cholangitis (PSC)
- Tumors and cancers
- Hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC), or primary liver cancer
- Cholangiocarcinoma (CCA), or bile duct cancer
- Neuroendocrine tumors (NET)
- Focal nodular hyperplasia (FNH), or benign liver tumor
- Genetic disorders
- Polycystic liver disease (PCLD)
- Alpha-1 Antitrypsin
- Alcoholic liver disease and cirrhosis
- Drug-induced cirrhosis
- Budd-Chiari Syndrome
- Fulminant Hepatic Failure
Progression of Liver Disease
Gift Expands Liver Center
Lung & Liver Transplants
6445 Main Street
Outpatient Center, 22nd Floor
Houston, TX 77030