The Woodlands Hospital
Houston Methodist The Woodlands Hospital
17201 Interstate 45 S.
The Woodlands, TX 77385
We’re Still Here for You
Despite the COVID-19 crisis, our doctors continue to safely see patients virtually and in person, as needed.Learn More
Welcome to Houston Methodist The Woodlands Hospital, a brand-new, full-service, acute care hospital serving The Woodlands and communities in Montgomery County and the north Houston region. At Houston Methodist The Woodlands, you’ll find many of the same exceptional programs and services as our flagship hospital in the Texas Medical Center, including cancer care, cardiology, neurology, neurosurgery, orthopedics, sports medicine, surgery services and women’s health. Learn more about us>
Learn more about Professional Contributions of Nursing at Houston Methodist The Woodlands Hospital >
COVID-19: PATIENT & VISITOR INFORMATION
Non-COVID hospitalized patients
- Visitation is limited to 1 designated visitor (18 years or older) per patient for the entire stay (not a rotation of visitors throughout the patient’s stay) in all medical surgical areas from 8 a.m. – 6 p.m. Visitors may not stay overnight.
- Intensive care unit (ICU) visitation is limited to 1 designated visitor per stay from 1 p.m. – 5 p.m.
- We encourage you to use electronic communication, such as a smartphone or video chat whenever possible.
- If you feel an exception is needed, please speak to management.
Non-COVID surgical patients
On the day of surgery (either incoming for surgery or already hospitalized), 1 designated visitor is allowed to stay in the waiting room during su
rgery, then accompany the patient back to the unit until 6 p.m.
Non-COVID procedures, treatments and doctor appointmentsPlease avoid bringing visitors with you for testing, treatment, and therapy. Patients may bring 1 visitor (18 years or older) to doctor appointments when necessary. Visitors will be subject to the clinic’s screening and protection criteria.
Emergency departmentOne designated visitor per patient will be allowed in the emergency room and must remain in the patient’s room. Patients who have tested positive in the past 20 days or are under evaluation for COVID-19 will not be permitted visitors. Appropriate signage will be displayed.
COVID hospitalized patientsNo visitors are permitted. Exceptions will be made on a case-by-case basis.
Applicability and exceptions
- All designated visitors must be 18 years or older, agree to comply with all PPE requirements, and agree to participate in entry-point screening.
- Special consideration will be made for disabled patients who may need more than 1 designated visitor to provide support and knowledge about their care. In these circumstances, caregivers may rotate the role of visitor and they may stay past visiting hours. Decisions regarding visitors of disabled individuals will be made collaboratively with nursing leadership.
- For the Neonatal ICU, 1 parent at a time will be allowed to visit.
- Visitor policies will vary for post-acute units such as skilled nursing facilities (SNFs) and long-term acute care hospitals (LTACHs).
Everyone must wear a mask at all times while in Houston Methodist facilities. While not mandatory, we encourage you to also wear a face shield for additional protection.
Learn more about Patient & Visitor Resources at the Woodlands Hospital >
The following entrances are open for screening/entry:
- Hospital: Main entrance of the hospital, 5:30 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Medical Office Building 1: Main lobby entrance
- 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. (Monday – Friday)
- 8 a.m. to Noon (Saturday)
- Medical Office Building 2: Main lobby entrance
- 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. (Monday –Friday)
- Emergency Department Entrance: Open 24/7