The Woodlands Hospital
Houston Methodist The Woodlands Hospital
17201 Interstate 45 S.
The Woodlands, TX 77385
We’re Still Here for You
Despite the COVID-19 crisis, our doctors continue to safely see patients virtually and in person, as needed.Learn More
Welcome to Houston Methodist The Woodlands Hospital, a brand-new, full-service, acute care hospital serving The Woodlands and communities in Montgomery County and the north Houston region. At Houston Methodist The Woodlands, you’ll find many of the same exceptional programs and services as our flagship hospital in the Texas Medical Center, including cancer care, cardiology, neurology, neurosurgery, orthopedics, sports medicine, surgery services and women’s health. Learn more about us>
Learn more about Professional Contributions of Nursing at Houston Methodist The Woodlands Hospital >
COVID-19: PATIENT & VISITOR INFORMATION
VISITOR POLICY (effective 11/27/2020)
To continue protecting our patients and caregivers, we are revising our visitor policies.
Admitted hospital patients
Houston Methodist facilities are no longer permitting visitors for admitted hospitalized patients. Exceptions for one visitor (not a rotation of visitors) 18 years or older, include:.
- Hospitalized maternity, postpartum and NICU patients: One healthy partner/parent
- Disabled or impaired patients: One healthy visitor to escort and provide wheelchair assistance
- Critical patients (until stabilized): One healthy visitor
- End-of-life patients: Two healthy visitors at a time, for one brief visit
- Discharged patients: One healthy visitor for education at discharge
- Family conference, temporary need for family support (i.e.: following diagnosis): As requested by physician
Surgical, procedural and diagnostic procedure patientsYou are allowed one visitor 18 years or older who may stay until visiting hours end at 8 p.m. (on the day of surgery). This is a single visitor, not a rotation of visitors. This single visitor is not permitted to stay overnight or return the next day.
Doctor appointmentsYou are limited to one visitor 18 years or older. However, we encourage you to come to your appointment alone. Visitors will be subject to the clinic’s screening and protection criteria.
Emergency departmentThere are no visitors allowed in the emergency department. An exception will be made for an essential visitor in compassionate cases. Patients who have tested positive or are under evaluation for COVID-19 will not be permitted visitors.
Everyone must wear a mask at all times while in Houston Methodist facilities.
Learn more about Patient & Visitor Resources at the Woodlands Hospital >
The following entrances are open for screening/entry:
- Hospital: Main entrance of the hospital, 5:30 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Medical Office Building 1: Main lobby entrance
- 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. (Monday – Friday)
- 8 a.m. to Noon (Saturday)
- Medical Office Building 2: Main lobby entrance
- 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. (Monday –Friday)
- Emergency Department Entrance: Open 24/7