Patient & Visitor Resources at The Woodlands Hospital
At Houston Methodist The Woodlands Hospital, we believe in patient-focused, family centered health care. This means you and your family come first. And whether you’re coming to us as a patient or visitor, we want to make your stay as stress-free as possible. Here, you’ll find a wealth of information and resources to streamline your visit.
COVID-19 Patient & Visitor Information
New Visitation Policies Due to Coronavirus Outbreak
We are are no longer permitting visitors for admitted hospitalized patients.
Exceptions for one visitor (not a rotation of visitors) 18 years or older, include:
- Hospitalized maternity, postpartum and NICU patients: One healthy partner/parent
- Disabled or impaired patients: One healthy visitor to escort and provide wheelchair assistance
- Critical patients (until stabilized): One healthy visitor
- End-of-life patients: Two healthy visitors at a time, for one brief visit
- Discharged patients: One healthy visitor for education at discharge
- Family conference, temporary need for family support (i.e.: following diagnosis): As requested by physician
Surgical, procedural and diagnostic procedure patients
You are allowed one visitor 18 years or older who may stay until visiting hours end at 8 p.m. (on the day of surgery). This is a single visitor, not a rotation of visitors. This single visitor is not permitted to stay overnight or return the next day.
You are limited to one visitor 18 years or older. However, we encourage you to come to your appointment alone. Visitors will be subject to the clinic’s screening and protection criteria.
There are no visitors allowed in the emergency room. Only an ER doctor may permit an exception to this policy. Patients who have tested positive or are under evaluation for COVID-19 will not be permitted visitors.
Everyone must wear a mask at all times while in Houston Methodist facilities.
Thank you for adhering to these restrictions as we try to protect everyone in our facilities from the spread of COVID-19.
From online preregistration to answering questions about insurance, we provide the resources you need to make your visit with us comfortable and convenient:
- Register for your visit
- Pay your bill
- Request medical records
- View test results
- Insurance and billing
- Patient policies and rights
- Resources for out-of-town patients
We understand how important family and friends are to a patient’s healing. Each room has furniture that transitions into a bed, and the patient’s nurse can provide a pillow and blanket for a visitor who wishes to spend the night per our visitor policy.
- Directions to our hospital
- Campus map
- Garage parking – We offer complimentary parking in our parking garage that connects or medical office buildings and main hospital campus. Parking is also free in our parking lot.
- Valet parking: Available weekdays. Hours of operation:
- Main hospital: 6 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- MOB 1: 6:45 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- MOB 2: 6:45 p.m. – 5 p.m.
- Spiritual care – Regardless of your religion or faith, we provide you with the resources to fulfill your spiritual needs while visiting us. Chaplains, volunteer lay ministers, Catholic priests and other volunteers work together to offer spiritual support and resources 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Our chapel and other spiritual spaces are always open.
- Dining options – We provide a variety of on-campus dining options for visitors at the following locations:
- Blue Heron Bistro – first floor
- Café Latte – third floor
For more information about our visitation policy, please see our Patient Guide.