Patient & Visitor Resources at The Woodlands Hospital
At Houston Methodist The Woodlands Hospital, we believe in patient-focused, family centered health care. This means you and your family come first. And whether you’re coming to us as a patient or visitor, we want to make your stay as stress-free as possible. Here, you’ll find a wealth of information and resources to streamline your visit.
From online preregistration to answering questions about insurance, we provide the resources you need to make your visit with us comfortable and convenient:
- Register for your visit
- Pay your bill
- Request medical records
- View test results
- Insurance and billing
- Patient policies and rights
- Resources for out-of-town patients
COVID-19: PATIENT & VISITOR INFORMATION
Non-COVID hospitalized patients
- Visitation is limited to 1 designated visitor (18 years or older) per patient for the entire stay (not a rotation of visitors throughout the patient’s stay) in all medical surgical areas from 8 a.m. – 6 p.m. Visitors may not stay overnight.
- Intensive care unit (ICU) visitation is limited to 1 designated visitor per stay from 1 p.m. – 5 p.m.
- We encourage you to use electronic communication, such as a smartphone or video chat whenever possible.
- If you feel an exception is needed, please speak to management.
Non-COVID surgical patients
On the day of surgery (either incoming for surgery or already hospitalized), 1 designated visitor is allowed to stay in the waiting room during surgery, then accompany the patient back to the unit until 6 p.m.
Non-COVID procedures, treatments and doctor appointmentsPlease avoid bringing visitors with you for testing, treatment, and therapy. Patients may bring 1 visitor (18 years or older) to doctor appointments when necessary. Visitors will be subject to the clinic’s screening and protection criteria.
Emergency departmentOne designated visitor per patient will be allowed in the emergency room and must remain in the patient’s room. Patients who have tested positive in the past 20 days or are under evaluation for COVID-19 will not be permitted visitors. Appropriate signage will be displayed.
COVID hospitalized patientsNo visitors are permitted. Exceptions will be made on a case-by-case basis.
Applicability and exceptions
- All designated visitors must be 18 years or older, agree to comply with all PPE requirements, and agree to participate in entry-point screening.
- Special consideration will be made for disabled patients who may need more than 1 designated visitor to provide support and knowledge about their care. In these circumstances, caregivers may rotate the role of visitor and they may stay past visiting hours. Decisions regarding visitors of disabled individuals will be made collaboratively with nursing leadership.
- For the Neonatal ICU, 1 parent at a time will be allowed to visit.
- Visitor policies will vary for post-acute units such as skilled nursing facilities (SNFs) and long-term acute care hospitals (LTACHs).
Everyone must wear a mask at all times while in Houston Methodist facilities. While not mandatory, we encourage you to also wear a face shield for additional protection.
We understand how important family and friends are to a patient’s healing. Each room has furniture that transitions into a bed, and the patient’s nurse can provide a pillow and blanket for a visitor who wishes to spend the night per our visitor policy.
- Directions to our hospital
- Campus map
- Garage parking – We offer complimentary parking in our parking garage that connects or medical office buildings and main hospital campus. Parking is also free in our parking lot.
- Valet parking: Available weekdays. Hours of operation:
- Main hospital: 6 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- MOB 1: 6:45 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- MOB 2: 6:45 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Spiritual care – Regardless of your religion or faith, we provide you with the resources to fulfill your spiritual needs while visiting us. Chaplains, volunteer lay ministers, Catholic priests and other volunteers work together to offer spiritual support and resources 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Our chapel and other spiritual spaces are always open.
- Dining options – We provide a variety of on-campus dining options for visitors at the following locations:
- Blue Heron Bistro – first floor
- Café Latte – third floor
For more information about our visitation policy, please see our Patient Guide.