Patient & Visitor Resources at The Woodlands Hospital
At Houston Methodist The Woodlands Hospital, we believe in patient-focused, family centered health care. This means you and your family come first. And whether you’re coming to us as a patient or visitor, we want to make your stay as stress-free as possible. Here, you’ll find a wealth of information and resources to streamline your visit.
From online preregistration to answering questions about insurance, we provide the resources you need to make your visit with us comfortable and convenient:
- Register for your visit
- Pay your bill
- Request medical records
- View test results
- Insurance and billing
- Patient policies and rights
- Resources for out-of-town patients
COVID-19: PATIENT & VISITOR INFORMATION
VISITOR POLICY (effective 2/17/2021)
To continue protecting our patients and caregivers, we are revising our visitor policies. Visitation requirements may change at management’s discretion.
Non-COVID hospitalized patients
- Visitation is limited to 1 healthy visitor (18 years or older) per day in all medical surgical areas from 8 a.m. – 9 p.m. Visitors may not stay overnight.
- Intensive care unit (ICU) visitation is limited to 1 healthy visitor per day from 8 a.m. – 9 p.m. We encourage you to use electronic communication, such as a smartphone or video chat whenever possible.
- Labor and delivery patients are allowed 2 healthy visitors (18 years or older). One adult visitor may stay overnight. For the Neonatal ICU, 1 parent at a time will be allowed to visit.
- If you feel an exception is needed, please speak to management.
Non-COVID surgical patients
On the day of surgery (either incoming for surgery or already hospitalized), 1 healthy visitor is allowed to stay in the waiting room during surgery, then accompany the patient back to the unit until 9 p.m.
Non-COVID procedures, treatments and doctor appointments
Please avoid bringing visitors with you for testing, treatment and therapy. Patients may bring 1 healthy visitor to doctor appointments when necessary. Visitors will be subject to the clinic’s screening and protection criteria.
Patients may bring 1 healthy visitor when they are receiving a COVID-19 vaccine.
No visitors are allowed in the emergency department. An exception will be made for an essential visitor in compassionate cases. Patients who have tested positive or are under evaluation for COVID-19 will not be permitted visitors. Appropriate signage will be displayed.
COVID hospitalized patients
No visitors are allowed, even with proof of vaccination. Exceptions will be made on a case-by-case basis.
Applicability and exceptions
- All visitors must be 18 years or older, agree to comply with all PPE requirements, and agree to participate in entry-point screening. No visitors younger than 18 are allowed unless a compassionate visit has been approved by leadership.
- End-of-life patients: Two healthy visitors at a time, for one brief visit.
- Special consideration will be made for disabled patients who may need more than 1 visitor to provide support and knowledge about their care. In these circumstances, caregivers may stay past visiting hours. Decisions regarding visitors of disabled individuals will be made collaboratively with nursing leadership.
- Visitor policies will vary for post-acute units such as skilled nursing facilities (SNFs) and long-term acute care hospitals (LTACHs).
Everyone must wear a mask at all times while in Houston Methodist facilities. While not mandatory, we encourage you to also wear a face shield for further protection.
We understand how important family and friends are to a patient’s healing. Each room has furniture that transitions into a bed, and the patient’s nurse can provide a pillow and blanket for a visitor who wishes to spend the night per our visitor policy.
- Directions to our hospital
- Campus map
- Garage parking – We offer complimentary parking in our parking garage that connects or medical office buildings and main hospital campus. Parking is also free in our parking lot.
- Valet parking: Available weekdays. Hours of operation:
- Main hospital: 6 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- MOB 1: 6:45 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- MOB 2: 6:45 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Spiritual care – Regardless of your religion or faith, we provide you with the resources to fulfill your spiritual needs while visiting us. Chaplains, volunteer lay ministers, Catholic priests and other volunteers work together to offer spiritual support and resources 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Our chapel and other spiritual spaces are always open.
- Dining options – We provide a variety of on-campus dining options for visitors at the following locations:
- Blue Heron Bistro – first floor
- Café Latte – third floor
For more information about our visitation policy, please see our Patient Guide.