Patient & Visitor Resources at The Woodlands Hospital
At Houston Methodist The Woodlands Hospital, we believe in patient-focused, family centered health care. This means you and your family come first. And whether you’re coming to us as a patient or visitor, we want to make your stay as stress-free as possible. Here, you’ll find a wealth of information and resources to streamline your visit.
From online preregistration to answering questions about insurance, we provide the resources you need to make your visit with us comfortable and convenient:
- Register for your visit
- Pay your bill
- Request medical records
- View test results
- Insurance and billing
- Patient policies and rights
- Resources for out-of-town patients
COVID-19: PATIENT & VISITOR INFORMATION
Visitor Policy (effective 9/1/2021)
Under state law, patients may have 1 healthy visitor (18 years or older) at a time, except in emergency departments.
For everyone’s safety and to prevent the spread of COVID-19, we strongly discourage visitors. We encourage only vaccinated visitors enter the hospital or physician offices. All visitors are required to wear a mask for the entirety of their visit and are subject to Houston Methodist’s screening policy.
No visitors are allowed in the emergency department waiting room. Visitors will be notified once the emergency patient is in a treatment room and it is deemed safe for the patient to have a visitor.
Hospitalized patients, procedures, treatments, doctor appointments and vaccine clinics
Generally, each patient is allowed 1 healthy visitor in the facility at a time. For example:
COVID-19 or other infectious hospitalized patients
Visitors are not allowed if the patient’s attending physician deems it unsafe. Otherwise, 1 healthy visitor (18 years or older) will be allowed and will be required to wear the necessary safety equipment at all times.
We understand how important family and friends are to a patient’s healing. Each room has furniture that transitions into a bed, and the patient’s nurse can provide a pillow and blanket for a visitor who wishes to spend the night per our visitor policy.
- Directions to our hospital
- Campus map
- Garage parking – We offer complimentary parking in our parking garage that connects or medical office buildings and main hospital campus. Parking is also free in our parking lot.
- Valet parking: Available weekdays. Hours of operation:
- Main hospital: 6 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- MOB 1: 6:45 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- MOB 2: 6:45 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Spiritual care – Regardless of your religion or faith, we provide you with the resources to fulfill your spiritual needs while visiting us. Chaplains, volunteer lay ministers, Catholic priests and other volunteers work together to offer spiritual support and resources 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Our chapel and other spiritual spaces are always open.
- Dining options – We provide a variety of on-campus dining options for visitors at the following locations:
- Blue Heron Bistro – first floor
- Café Latte – third floor
For more information about our visitation policy, please see our Patient Guide.