The Woodlands Hospital
Houston Methodist The Woodlands Hospital
17201 Interstate 45 S.
The Woodlands, TX 77385
We’re Still Here for You
Despite the COVID-19 crisis, our doctors continue to safely see patients virtually and in person, as needed.Learn More
Welcome to Houston Methodist The Woodlands Hospital, a brand-new, full-service, acute care hospital serving The Woodlands and communities in Montgomery County and the north Houston region. At Houston Methodist The Woodlands, you’ll find many of the same exceptional programs and services as our flagship hospital in the Texas Medical Center, including cancer care, cardiology, neurology, neurosurgery, orthopedics, sports medicine, surgery services and women’s health. Learn more about us>
Learn more about Professional Contributions of Nursing at Houston Methodist The Woodlands Hospital >
COVID-19: PATIENT & VISITOR INFORMATION
VISITOR POLICY (effective 2/17/2021)
To continue protecting our patients and caregivers, we are revising our visitor policies. Visitation requirements may change at management’s discretion.
Non-COVID hospitalized patients
- Visitation is limited to 1 healthy visitor (18 years or older) per day in all medical surgical areas from 8 a.m. – 9 p.m. Visitors may not stay overnight.
- Intensive care unit (ICU) visitation is limited to 1 healthy visitor per day from 8 a.m. – 9 p.m. We encourage you to use electronic communication, such as a smartphone or video chat whenever possible.
- Labor and delivery patients are allowed 2 healthy visitors (18 years or older). One adult visitor may stay overnight. For the Neonatal ICU, 1 parent at a time will be allowed to visit.
- If you feel an exception is needed, please speak to management.
Non-COVID surgical patients
On the day of surgery (either incoming for surgery or already hospitalized), 1 healthy visitor is allowed to stay in the waiting room during surgery, then accompany the patient back to the unit until 9 p.m.
Non-COVID procedures, treatments and doctor appointments
Please avoid bringing visitors with you for testing, treatment and therapy. Patients may bring 1 healthy visitor to doctor appointments when necessary. Visitors will be subject to the clinic’s screening and protection criteria.
Patients may bring 1 healthy visitor when they are receiving a COVID-19 vaccine.
No visitors are allowed in the emergency department. An exception will be made for an essential visitor in compassionate cases. Patients who have tested positive or are under evaluation for COVID-19 will not be permitted visitors. Appropriate signage will be displayed.
COVID hospitalized patients
No visitors are allowed, even with proof of vaccination. Exceptions will be made on a case-by-case basis.
Everyone must wear a mask at all times while in Houston Methodist facilities. While not mandatory, we encourage you to also wear a face shield for further protection.
Learn more about Patient & Visitor Resources at the Woodlands Hospital >
The following entrances are open for screening/entry:
- Hospital: Main entrance of the hospital, 5:30 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Medical Office Building 1: Main lobby entrance
- 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. (Monday – Friday)
- 8 a.m. to Noon (Saturday)
- Medical Office Building 2: Main lobby entrance
- 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. (Monday –Friday)
- Emergency Department Entrance: Open 24/7