The Woodlands Hospital
Houston Methodist The Woodlands Hospital
17201 Interstate 45 S.
The Woodlands, TX 77385
We’re Still Here for You
Despite the COVID-19 crisis, our doctors continue to safely see patients virtually and in person, as needed.Learn More
Welcome to Houston Methodist The Woodlands Hospital, a brand-new, full-service, acute care hospital serving The Woodlands and communities in Montgomery County and the north Houston region. At Houston Methodist The Woodlands, you'll find many of the same exceptional programs and services as our flagship hospital in the Texas Medical Center, including cancer care, cardiology, neurology, neurosurgery, orthopedics, sports medicine, surgery services and women's health. Learn more about us >
Learn more about Professional Contributions of Nursing at Houston Methodist The Woodlands Hospital >
COVID-19: PATIENT & VISITOR INFORMATION
Visitor Policy (effective 5/3/2021)
As our community continues to be vaccinated and build its immunity, we have adjusted our visitor policy. Visitation requirements may change at management's discretion.
Non-COVID hospitalized patients, procedures, treatments and doctor appointment
- Visitation is limited to 1 healthy visitor per day in medical surgical units, procedural areas and for doctor appointments. Hospitalized patients will be allowed 1 overnight visitor.
- Intensive care unit (ICU) visitation is limited to 1 healthy visitor per day. We encourage you to use electronic communication, such as a smartphone or video chat whenever possible. For overnight visitors, patients should refer to their unit's policy.
- Labor and delivery patients are allowed 2 healthy visitors. One healthy visitor may stay overnight. For the Neonatal ICU, 1 parent at a time will be allowed to visit.
- On the day of surgery (either incoming for surgery or already hospitalized), 1 healthy visitor is allowed to stay in the waiting room during surgery, then accompany the patient back to the unit.
Patients may bring 1 healthy visitor when they are receiving a COVID-19 vaccine
No visitors are allowed in the emergency department waiting rooms. One healthy visitor may be allowed once a patient is in an exam room. An exception will be made in compassionate cases. Patients who have tested positive or are under evaluation for COVID-19 will not be permitted visitors.
COVID hospitalized patients
No visitors are allowed, even with proof of vaccination. Exceptions will be made on a case-by-case basis.
Applicability and exceptions
- All visitors must comply with all PPE requirements, and agree to participate in entry-point screening.
- Special consideration will be made for disabled patients who may need more than 1 visitor to provide support and knowledge about their care. Decisions regarding visitors of disabled individuals will be made collaboratively with nursing leadership.
- Visitor policies will vary for post-acute units such as skilled nursing facilities (SNFs) and long-term acute care hospitals (LTACHs).
- If you feel an exception is needed, please speak to management.
Everyone must wear a mask at all times while in Houston Methodist facilities.
Learn more about Patient & Visitor Resources at the Woodlands Hospital
The following entrances are open for screening/entry:
- Hospital: Main entrance of the hospital, 5:30 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Medical Office Building 1: Main lobby entrance
- 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. (Monday – Friday)
- 8 a.m. to Noon (Saturday)
- Medical Office Building 2: Main lobby entrance
- 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. (Monday –Friday)
- Emergency Department Entrance: Open 24/7