Oral maxillofacial surgeons perform evaluations for many conditions:
- Assessment of impacted teeth
- Consultation on congenital conditions of the head and face, including cleft lip and palate
- Assessment of temporomandibular joint (TMJ)
- Examination for obstructive sleep apnea (OSA), salivary gland disease
- Assessment of facial infections and injuries , cysts and tumors
Treating Oral and Maxillofacial Conditions
At Houston Methodist, oral maxillofacial surgeons work closely with a multidisciplinary team to determine the most appropriate treatment plan for each patient.
There are several options in regards to the treatment best for you:
- Routine dental extractions, extraction of wisdom teeth, and dental implants
- Reconstructive surgery of head, face and jaws, and maxillofacial trauma (facial injuries)
- Surgical correction of congenital conditions of the head and face, including cleft lip and palate
- Correction of temporomandibular joint (TMJ) and orthognathic surgery
- Intervention for obstructive sleep apnea (OSA)
Our experts at Houston Methodist are committed to caring for patients with conditions affecting the face, jaw, mouth and teeth. Patients can be self-referred or physician-referred, as we work with your primary care and other physicians to make sure you're getting the benefits of collaboration from all health care providers.
Our specialists at Houston Methodist perform oral and maxillofacial surgery at the following convenient locations: