Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
Our oral and maxillofacial surgeons at Houston Methodist are specialists in managing conditions, deformities, and injuries of the face, jaws, mouth, and teeth.
The board certified oral and maxillofacial surgeons at Houston Methodist perform routine procedures, including dental extractions, removing impacted wisdom teeth, and placing dental implants. They are also experienced in assessing and treating patients with jaw deformities, obstructive sleep apnea, and congenital conditions of the head and face, including cleft lip and palate.
At Houston Methodist, our oral and maxillofacial surgeons are experts in managing the following conditions and treating defects and injuries of the face, jaws, mouth and teeth, including:
- Wisdom teeth extraction
- Dental extractions
- Dental implants
- Orthognathic surgery (corrective jaw surgery)
- Congenital conditions of the head, face, and jaws including cleft lip and palate
- Cysts and tumors of the jaws
- Maxillofacial injuries resulting from road accidents, sports accidents, or other trauma
- Obstructive sleep apnea (OSA)
- Salivary gland diseases
- Maxillofacial infections
- Temporomandibular joint (TMJ) disorders
Our experienced, board-certified surgeons at Houston Methodist are committed to treating patients who require maxillofacial surgery using the latest technology. Our surgeons work as a team with other physicians and dentists to ensure that patients benefit from our collaboration with all health care professionals.