Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital, a 277-licensed-bed, nonprofit, tertiary care hospital, is part of Houston Methodist and has served Northwest Houston since December 2000. In May 2010, a major expansion to the 52-acre campus doubled the size of the hospital, bringing in more expertise, more state-of-the art technology and more specialized care to the community. From emergency services and primary care to open heart surgery and advanced stroke care, Houston Methodist Willowbrook redefines the term “community hospital,” exporting the world-renowned quality and expertise of Houston Methodist to the Northwest Houston community.
Our mission is to provide high quality, cost-effective health care that delivers the best value to the people we serve in a spiritual environment of compassion.
All our patient rooms are private, with pull-out sofas to accommodate family and overnight guests. We offer a universal bed design unit that features open nursing stations, allowing patient rooms to be visible at all times. Our healing garden is open to all guests and is a quiet retreat to think, relax or reflect.
Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital is located at State Highway 249 and Willowchase Drive, one block north of F.M. Road 1960. The 52-acre campus features four primary facilities:
North Pavilion: This facility features medical and surgical inpatient and outpatient services, intensive care beds, operating rooms, a cardiac catheterization lab, emergency department, laboratory, pharmacy, comprehensive diagnostic and therapeutic services, a healing garden, full-service café, chapel and other amenities. Our Heart & Vascular Center and Stroke Center are also located in this pavilion.
Women's & Children's Pavilion: This pavilion features family-centered care services, including our Birthing Center, private labor and delivery suites, a Level III neonatal intensive care unit, and the Breast Center. The on-site neonatal intensive care unit is managed in partnership with Texas Children's Hospital.
Centerfield Building: This building houses the Center for Orthopedic Surgery and Sports Medicine, Outpatient Rehabilitation Services, the Cancer Center and the Outpatient Surgery Department.
Hargrave Medical Office Building: This facility houses physician offices and the Advanced Wound Care Clinic.
Awards and Recognition
Our values-based, personal care and service is demonstrated in our employees' commitment to the Houston Methodist I CARE values, displaying integrity, compassion, accountability, respect and excellence in all their daily interactions. This commitment to serving others, in conjunction with innovative technology and our medical center training and expertise, has enabled us to achieve the following awards and recognition from the medical community:
- The prestigious Magnet® Recognition by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s (ANCC) Magnet Recognition Program®, making ours one of only 7 percent of hospitals nationwide with this distinction
- Hospital Safety Score of "A" from the Leap Frog Group
- "100 Best Companies to Work For" by FORTUNE magazine nine years in a row
- Designated as a Primary Advanced Certified Stroke Center by Det Norske Veritas Germanischer Lloyd (DNV GL) which identifies and certifies hospitals with best practices and outcomes in the care of stroke patients
- American Heart Association/American Stroke Association's Get With the Guidelines — Gold Plus and Gold Plus Target Honor Roll Quality Achievement Award
- American Heart Association GOLD Fit Friendly Worksite Award
- Pathway to Excellence™ designation awarded by the American Nurses Credentialing Center, which identifies hospitals that are the "best places to work" for nurses in the country
- 100 Top Hospitals® by Truven Health Analytics
- Best Hospital of 2011 as recognized by the Cypress Creek Mirror, a member of Houston Community Newspapers
- Best Metro-Area Hospital by U.S. News & World Report
- B.E.S.T. (Business and Education Standing Together) business by the Cy-Fair Houston Chamber of Commerce and Cy-Fair Independent School District
- Breast Care Center accredited by the American College of Radiology in Stereotactic Breast Biopsy
- Silver Beacon Award for Excellence awarded designated to Intensive Care Unit
- Large Business of the Year Award from Cy-Fair Houston Chamber of Commerce
Comprehensive Center accreditation by the American College of Surgeons (ACS) Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program (MBSAQIP) for meeting the needs of our patients by providing multidisciplinary, high-quality, and patient-centered care
- Center of Excellence in Metabolic and Bariatric SurgeryTM (COEMBSTM) by the Surgical Review Corporation (SRC)
- Accreditation from American College of Radiology for computed tomography imaging and ultrasound, nuclear medicine (including nuclear cardiology), and breast magnetic resonance imaging
- Chest Pain Center accreditation from the Society of Chest Pain Centers
- Echocardiography accreditation by the Intersocietal Accreditation Commission
- Hospital Exemplary Five Star Service Award for Excellence in Vital Registration
- Top Performer on Key Quality MeasuresTM by the Joint Commission (one of three in the city of Houston) on heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia and surgical outcomes
- Press Ganey Top Improver Award for continuous improvement on a year look-back by quarter for patient satisfaction in the emergency department
Volunteering at Houston Methodist Willowbrook
Every day Houston Methodist volunteers play vital roles throughout the hospital. We value our volunteers and match interests and preferences with positions in the following areas:
- Administrative offices
- Patient and unit involvement
- Hospital greeting and hospitality
- Promoting a healing environment