Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital is a not-for-profit, faith-based hospital with 312 licensed beds. We are part of Houston Methodist and have served Northwest Houston since December 2000.
Houston Methodist Willowbrook is a regional referral center specializing in cardiology and cardiovascular services, neurology, neurosurgery, orthopedics and sports medicine, and comprehensive cancer services. Houston Methodist Willowbrook includes a breast care center, cancer center, imaging center, infusion center, sleep center, surgical weight loss center and the largest childbirth center in the Greater Northwest Houston area.
Our mission is to provide high-quality, cost-effective health care that delivers the best value to the people we serve in a spiritual, compassionate environment. All our patient rooms are private, with pull-out sofas to accommodate family and overnight guests. We offer a universal bed design unit with open nursing stations so that patient rooms are visible at all times. Our healing garden is open to all guests and is a quiet retreat to think, relax or reflect.
Houston Methodist Willowbrook is located at State Highway 249 and Willowchase Drive, one block north of FM Road 1960. Our 52-acre campus features four primary facilities:
North Pavilion: This facility features medical and surgical inpatient and outpatient services, intensive care beds, operating rooms, a cardiac catheterization lab, emergency department, laboratory, pharmacy, comprehensive diagnostic and therapeutic services, a healing garden, full-service café, chapel and other amenities. Both the Houston Methodist Heart & Vascular Center at Willowbrook and Houston Methodist Stroke Center at Willowbrook are also located in this pavilion.
Women's & Children's Pavilion: This pavilion features family centered care services, including our birthing center, private labor and delivery suites, a Level III neonatal intensive care unit, and our breast care center. The on-site neonatal intensive care unit is managed in partnership with Texas Children's Hospital.
Centerfield Building: This building houses Houston Methodist Center for Orthopedic Surgery and Sports Medicine at Willowbrook, Houston Methodist Outpatient Rehabilitation Services at Willowbrook, Houston Methodist Cancer Center at Willowbrook and the Houston Methodist Willowbrook Outpatient Surgery Department.
Hargrave Medical Office Building: This facility houses physician offices and the Houston Methodist Advanced Wound Care Clinic at Willowbrook.
Awards and Recognition
Our values-based, personalized care and service is demonstrated in our employees' commitment to the Houston Methodist I CARE values, displaying integrity, compassion, accountability, respect and excellence in all their daily interactions. This commitment to serving others, in conjunction with innovative technology and our medical center training and expertise, has allowed us to achieve the following awards and recognition from the medical community:
- The prestigious Magnet® Recognition by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s (ANCC) Magnet Recognition Program®, making ours one of only 7 percent of hospitals nationwide with this distinction
- Hospital Safety Score of "A" from the Leap Frog Group
- "100 Best Companies to Work For" by FORTUNE magazine nine years in a row
- Designated as a Primary Advanced Certified Stroke Center by Det Norske Veritas Germanischer Lloyd (DNV GL), which identifies and certifies hospitals with best practices and outcomes in the care of stroke patients
- American Heart Association/American Stroke Association's Get With the Guidelines — Gold Plus and Gold Plus Target Honor Roll Quality Achievement Award
- American Heart Association GOLD Fit Friendly Worksite Award
- Pathway to Excellence™ designation awarded by the American Nurses Credentialing Center, which identifies hospitals that are the "best places to work" for nurses in the country
- 100 Top Hospitals® by Truven Health Analytics
- Best Hospital of 2011 as recognized by the Cypress Creek Mirror, a member of Houston Community Newspapers
- Best Metro-Area Hospital by U.S. News & World Report
- B.E.S.T. (Business and Education Standing Together) business by the Cy-Fair Houston Chamber of Commerce and Cy-Fair Independent School District
- Breast Care Imaging Center of Excellence designated by the American College of Radiology
- Breast Care Center accredited by the American College of Radiology in Stereotactic Breast Biopsy
- Silver Beacon Award for Excellence awarded to Intensive Care Unit
- Large Business of the Year Award from Cy-Fair Houston Chamber of Commerce
Bariatric Surgery Center accreditation by the Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program (MBSAQIP)
- Accreditation from American College of Radiology for computed tomography imaging and ultrasound, nuclear medicine (including nuclear cardiology) and breast magnetic resonance imaging
- Chest Pain Center accreditation from the Society of Chest Pain Centers
- Echocardiography accreditation by the Intersocietal Accreditation Commission
- Hospital Exemplary Five Star Service Award for Excellence in Vital Registration
- Top Performer on Key Quality MeasuresTM by the Joint Commission (one of three in the city of Houston) on heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia and surgical outcomes
- Press Ganey Top Improver Award for continuous improvement on a year look-back by quarter for patient satisfaction in the emergency department
- Texas Ten Step designation from the Texas Department of State Health Services