Patient & Visitor Resources at West Hospital
Whether you’re coming to us as a patient or as a visitor, we want to make your stay with us as stress-free and comfortable as possible. Here, you’ll find valuable information and resources to help streamline your visit.
From online pre-registration to answering questions about insurance, we provide the resources you need to make your visit with us comfortable and convenient:
For more information about patient resources and what to expect during your stay, please see our Patient Guide.
New Visitation Policies Due to Coronavirus Outbreak
ADMITTED HOSPITALIZED PATIENTS
Houston Methodist facilities are no longer permitting visitors for admitted hospitalized patients. Exceptions for one visitor (not a rotation of visitors) 18 years or older, include:
- Hospitalized maternity, postpartum and NICU patients: One healthy partner/parent
- Disabled or impaired patients: One healthy visitor to escort and provide wheelchair assistance
- Critical patients (until stabilized): One healthy visitor
- End-of-life patients: Two healthy visitors at a time, for one brief visit
- Discharged patients: One healthy visitor for education at discharge
- Family conference, temporary need for family support (i.e.: following diagnosis): As requested by physician
SURGICAL, PROCEDURAL AND DIAGNOSTIC PROCEDURE PATIENTS
You are allowed one visitor 18 years or older who may stay until visiting hours end at 8 p.m. (on the day of surgery). This is a single visitor, not a rotation of visitors. This single visitor is not permitted to stay overnight or return the next day.
You are limited to one visitor 18 years or older. However, we encourage you to come to your appointment alone. Visitors will be subject to the clinic's screening and protection criteria.
There are no visitors allowed in the emergency department. An exception will be made for an essential visitor in compassionate cases. Patients who have tested positive or are under evaluation for COVID-19 will not be permitted visitors.
Everyone must wear a mask at all times while in Houston Methodist facilities. While not mandatory, we encourage you to also wear a face shield for additional protection.
Thank you for adhering to these restrictions as we try to protect everyone in our facilities from the spread of COVID-19.
Additional Visitor Information
- Directions to our hospital
- Parking – Parking is free in our parking lots as well as our two campus parking garages.
- Spiritual care – Regardless of your religion or faith, we provide you with the resources to fulfill your spiritual needs while visiting us.
- Dining options – We provide on-campus dining options for visitors at the following locations:
- Live Oaks Café – first floor
Hours: 7 a.m. – 7 p.m., Monday – Friday
- Live Oaks Espresso – third floor
Hours: 6:30 a.m. – 2 p.m., Monday – Friday and 7 a.m. – 2 p.m., Saturday and Sunday
- Live Oaks Café – first floor
- Online Gift Shop – Same Day Delivery
Houston Methodist West offers several support programs for patients, family members and caregivers. It’s part of our goal to provide unparalleled care to everyone who walks through our doors. A few of our programs are listed below. Visit our events calendar for upcoming dates and more detailed information.
- Mended Hearts: Our chapter of Mended Hearts provides support, encouragement and information to heart disease patients, their families and their caregivers.
- Women’s Cancer Support Group: No matter your stage of diagnosis or treatment, we are here to help – empowering you with information and lifting you up with peer support. The group is led by trained facilitators from Houston Methodist West Hospital.
- Look Good…Feel Better®: With the guidance of certified beauticians, the Look Good…Feel Better program teaches beauty techniques to help manage appearance-related side effects of radiation and chemotherapy treatment.