Patient & Visitor Resources at West Hospital
Whether you’re coming to us as a patient or as a visitor, we want to make your stay with us as stress-free and comfortable as possible. Here, you’ll find valuable information and resources to help streamline your visit.
From online pre-registration to answering questions about insurance, we provide the resources you need to make your visit with us comfortable and convenient:
For more information about patient resources and what to expect during your stay, please see our Patient Guide.
New Visitation Policies Due to Coronavirus Outbreak
We understand how important family and friends are to a patient’s healing. We are currently allowing one designated visitor per patient. Visitors must 18 and older.
Patients who have tested positive or are under evaluation for COVID-19 will not be permitted visitors.
The designated visitor is not allowed to change during the patient’s stay, as we need to limit the number of visitors in our hospitals. Compassionate exceptions will be made as appropriate.
Emergency departments: We are trying to keep the number of people in our emergency departments to a minimum. When a patient comes to one of our emergency rooms with a visitor, and the patient cannot be seen right away, we will ask the visitor to wait in the car. When it is time for the patient to be seen, we will call the visitor, who can be with the patient during examination. This visitor must remain with the patient at all times and will not be allowed to walk through the hospital.
Thank you for adhering to these restrictions as we try to protect everyone in our facilities from the spread of COVID-19.
Additional Visitor Information
- Directions to our hospital
- Parking – Parking is free in our parking lots as well as our two campus parking garages.
- Spiritual care – Regardless of your religion or faith, we provide you with the resources to fulfill your spiritual needs while visiting us.
- Dining options – We provide on-campus dining options for visitors at the following locations:
- Live Oaks Café – first floor
Hours: 7 a.m. – 7 p.m., Monday – Friday
- Live Oaks Espresso – third floor
Hours: 6:30 a.m. – 2 p.m., Monday – Friday and 7 a.m. – 2 p.m., Saturday and Sunday
- Live Oaks Café – first floor
- Online Gift Shop – Same Day Delivery
Houston Methodist West offers several support programs for patients, family members and caregivers. It’s part of our goal to provide unparalleled care to everyone who walks through our doors. A few of our programs are listed below. Visit our events calendar for upcoming dates and more detailed information.
- Mended Hearts: Our chapter of Mended Hearts provides support, encouragement and information to heart disease patients, their families and their caregivers.
- Women’s Cancer Support Group: No matter your stage of diagnosis or treatment, we are here to help – empowering you with information and lifting you up with peer support. The group is led by trained facilitators from Houston Methodist West Hospital.
- Look Good…Feel Better®: With the guidance of certified beauticians, the Look Good…Feel Better program teaches beauty techniques to help manage appearance-related side effects of radiation and chemotherapy treatment.