About West Hospital
When you need top-notch care, you want it close to home. As Houston Methodist’s fifth hospital since 1919, Houston Methodist West provides nearly 200 beds and some of the most innovative minds in South Texas, addressing virtually every health care need. We’re committed to leading medicine in West Houston, Katy and the surrounding communities by delivering the Houston Methodist standard of unparalleled safety, quality, service and innovation.
The Houston Methodist Difference
What makes Houston Methodist West stand out?
- A commitment to excellence – Houston Methodist West is a well-known leader in multiple service areas, including cancer care, heart and vascular, spine and orthopedics and sports medicine.
- Advanced technology – We offer some of today’s most innovative treatment options for a variety of diseases and conditions. Here, you’ll find a hybrid operating room, the only da Vinci Xi surgical robot in the area and state-of-the-art cardiac cath labs for advanced heart care, as well as the latest 3-D mammography and advanced imaging and diagnostic technology.
- Enhanced patient experience – We deliver patient-focused, family centered care that treats the whole person. At Houston Methodist West, you’ll experience a spiritual, healing environment with private patient rooms and 24-hour chaplaincy services. Facilities and patient accommodations are all designed for maximum comfort.
Awards and Recognitions
- Pathway to Excellence designation from the American Nurses Credentialing Center for creating an exceptional working environment where nurses thrive and patient satisfaction is high
- Exemplary Five Star Award from the Texas Department of State Health Services, awarded to hospitals that demonstrate excellence in timeliness, customer service, certification and training and accuracy in filing birth certificates.
- Breast Imaging Center of Excellence designation from the American College of Radiology, awarded to fully accredited breast imaging centers that offer the latest in diagnostic breast health technology
- Top 100 Places to Work, recognized by Fortune magazine
- Bernard A. Birnbaum, MD, Quality Leadership Award, for pioneering bold initiatives that advance patient care to enable a better quality of life
- American Heart Association/American Stroke Association’s Get With The Guidelines®- Stroke Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award with Target: StrokeSM Honor Roll Elite, which recognizes the hospital’s commitment to providing the most appropriate stroke treatment according to nationally recognized, research-based guidelines based on the latest scientific evidence.