COVID-19 Patient & Visitor Information
Update on procedures and surgeries: Houston Methodist is open, safely seeing patients and following the governor's order. Because the order’s ban on elective surgeries is contingent upon a hospital’s capacity to care for COVID-19 patients, we are currently able to continue with most elective surgeries and procedures. Please consult with your doctor to confirm. Know that we are continuously monitoring our hospital’s capacity and have the ability to adjust it on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
If you are scheduled for labs, imaging or a doctor’s visit, your appointment should take place as scheduled. If you are scheduled for surgery, you will be notified if there are any changes.
The safety, health and well-being of all of our patients is our top priority. Rest assured, the number of COVID patients in our hospitals has declined — and continues to do so — now just 10% of our total hospital/ICU capacity. These patients continue to be quarantined, isolated from other patients, allowing us to treat everyone in our community who needs care — just as we always have.
You can be confident we are taking every necessary precaution to keep you safe during your visit, including:
- Isolating COVID-19 patients from other patients
- Screening all patients and essential visitors when entering our facilities
- Requiring all patients, visitors and employees to wear a mask
- Implementing social distancing in our waiting rooms and elevators
- Minimizing waiting in public spaces
- Elevating our cleaning and housekeeping practices
- Offering remote check-in
Admitted hospitalized patients
Surgical, procedural and diagnostic procedure patients
COVID-19 Hospital Entrance Information
Please visit the following campus web pages to see the most up-to-date information on hospital entrances:
- Houston Methodist Hospital
- Houston Methodist Baytown Hospital
- Houston Methodist Clear Lake Hospital
- Houston Methodist Sugar Land Hospital
- Houston Methodist West Hospital
- Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital
- Houston Methodist The Woodlands Hospital