Coronavirus Resource Center
If you need a COVID-19 vaccine or booster, you can schedule an appointment with a primary care doctor near you or get vaccinated at a local pharmacy.
If you think you may have coronavirus or need information on anything COVID-19-related, our care providers can see you via video visit, telephone or in person, when needed.
As always, we are committed to our patients and focused on delivering the high-quality care you expect. Your health and safety are our priority, and we are taking every necessary precaution to keep you safe. As COVID-19 cases continue to decline, Houston Methodist is lifting all COVID-19 visitor restrictions. There may be restrictions still in place in specific areas of our hospitals where visitors were always limited, for example the ICUs and emergency departments.
Houston Methodist screening stations also have been eliminated. Although masks are not required in common non-clinical areas of the hospital, we highly encourage everyone to wear masks.
Currently, masks are required in the following situations:
- Staff and visitors in clinical areas such as patient rooms, exam rooms, procedure rooms and diagnostic testing rooms, must continue to wear appropriate masks during patient care activities.
- Staff closely interacting with patients for prolonged periods outside of clinical areas stated above.
- Staff, patients and visitors in waiting rooms of doctor’s officers or procedure areas.
- Staff or volunteers transporting or escorting patients.
- Staff working and people getting tested at COVID-19 collection sites.
I want to schedule my COVID-19 vaccine
I need information on the COVID-19 vaccine
I want information on the COVID-19 vaccine.
- Getting vaccinated: Everyone 5 and older is eligible to receive a Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine. Schedule your Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine or booster with a primary care doctor near you or get vaccinated at a local pharmacy.
- Vaccine updates: Get the most up-to-date information on COVID-19 vaccinations. Stay informed
I have COVID-19 and need care
Help me understand my options.
- Monoclonal antibody therapy – The new monoclonal antibody treatment is available for recently diagnosed, high-risk COVID-19 outpatients. Learn more
Current CDC isolation guidelines (if you test positive for COVID-19)
I have lingering symptoms of COVID-19
I’m concerned I may have COVID-19
I want to see a care provider now.
- Virtual Urgent Care – Our care providers are available via video visit to help determine if testing is needed and advise you where to go. See a Provider Now
I want to see my current Houston Methodist doctor.
- Call – Call your doctor’s office to schedule an appointment virtually or in person, if needed. Need the phone number? Look It Up Here
Help me find the right doctor.
- Find a Doctor – Choose a doctor and call his or her office. Start Here
- Call Us – Let our trained representatives help you. Call 713.790.3333.
I want more information about COVID-19