PGY-2 Critical Care Pharmacy Residency
The pharmacist completing this residency program shall be able to independently and confidently provide pharmaceutical care for the critically-ill patient in order to achieve optimal pharmacotherapeutic outcomes. The pharmacist shall be able to initiate the solving of practice problems and self-monitor and self-assess his/her own work. He/she shall be committed to continuous self-learning and the advancement of the pharmacy profession. The resident will gain knowledge and experience in critical care and be adequately prepared to sit for Board Certification in Critical Care Pharmacy (BCCCP). Upon completion of the residency, the resident will be competitive for a position as a critical care pharmacist working in the areas of critical care, emergency medicine, or transplant.
Michael Sirimaturos, PharmD, BCNSP, BCCCP
Clinical Specialist in Critical Care/Medical ICU
PharmD, The University of Mississippi
PGY1 Pharmacy Residency, Houston Methodist Hospital
PGY2 Critical Care Residency, Houston Methodist Hospital
6565 Fannin St., DB1-09
Houston, TX 77030
Fully accredited by American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP)
• Paid time off (PTO) for vacation, holidays, personal reasons, severe weather emergencies, family or personal short-term illness (approximately 3 weeks)
• Health, dental, vision and life insurance
• 403(b) retirement plan
• All application materials are due January 5th.
• Apply through the online PhORCAS system.
• Send in application materials as early as possible, before the deadline, as interview slots are limited.
Onsite interview required
Must be a Registered Pharmacist in Texas within 90 days of starting the program
For further information on licensure, contact the Texas State Board of Pharmacy:
Texas State Board of Pharmacy
William P. Hobby Building
333 Guadalupe, Suite 3-600, Box 21
Austin, TX 78701-3942