Houston Methodist’s team of surgeons, endocrinologists, nephrologists, radiologists, and pathologists collaborate to treat disorders of the parathyroid, thyroid, pancreas, and adrenal glands. We use the latest molecular diagnostics, as well as sophisticated imaging and surgical techniques, including minimally invasive parathyroidectomy and single incision retroperitoneal adrenalectomy, to ensure high quality care.
Our endocrine surgeons are dedicated to providing each patient with a personalized treatment plan. We recruit the best surgeons in the nation, including one of Houston’s few endocrine fellowship trained surgeons, Feibi Zheng, MD.
We will work with you to develop the most appropriate treatment based on your disease, concerns, and needs, providing the same level of care we would seek for our own families. Our experts will review your records to minimize redundant and unnecessary testing whenever possible.
Our commitment to quality patient care attracts leading experts and the country’s most experienced doctors and researchers to Houston Methodist. We provide diagnosis and treatment for all endocrine tumors including:
- Hyperparathyroidism – an excess of hormones made by glands in the neck
- Thyroid nodules –lumps in the thyroid
- Thyroid cancer
- Graves’ disease – an immune system disordering causing the thyroid to overproduce hormones. Treatments include medication, radioactive iodine ablation and thyroidectomy
- Goiter – abnormal enlargement of the thyroid
- Adrenal tumors – benign and malignant tumors in endocrine glands found above the kidneys
- Pancreatic neuroendocrine tumors – benign or malignant tumors developing from the abnormal growth of endocrine cells in the pancreas called islet cells
Our doctors at Houston Methodist specialize in endocrine surgery at the following convenient locations: