Houston Methodist Sleep Center at The Woodlands
How Can We Help?
How Can We Help?
Sleep Services at Houston Methodist The WoodlandsHouston Methodist Sleep Center at The Woodlands provides diagnosis and treatment of sleep disorders and underlying diseases. We take a multidisciplinary approach to diagnose and uncover other diseases that may impact sleep such as: chronic insomnia, narcolepsy, obstructive sleep apnea, restless leg syndrome, and more.
Each study includes continuous video and audio recordings. We measure your sleep cycles and stages by recording brain waves (EEG or electroencephalogram), electrical activity of muscles (EMG or electromyogram and leg movements), eye movement, breathing rate, airflow and respiratory movements, blood pressure, blood oxygen saturation and heart rhythm.
- Consultations with sleep medicine specialists
- Diagnostic sleep studies
- Multiple sleep latency testing (MSLT)
- Maintenance of wakefulness testing (MWT)
- Positive airway pressure (PAP) titration (both continuous and bi-level titrations)
- Split-night sleep studies (only for certain patients with severe sleep apnea) -- during the first portion of the night, the diagnosis is made; PAP titration occurs during the second portion of the night
Common Symptoms of Sleep DisordersIf you have any of the following symptoms, you may have a sleep disorder. Multiple symptoms increase the likelihood of an underlying issue.
- Snore loudly
- Awaken gasping or choking for air
- Awaken in the morning feeling fatigued
- Have difficulty falling asleep or staying asleep (insomnia)
- Restless or leg movement (kicking) while asleep
- Disturbed by unusual behaviors (nightmares, sleepwalking, dream enactments, tongue biting, bedwetting, etc.) while asleep
To learn more or schedule a sleep study consultation, call 936.270.4461.