Why Choose A Comprehensive Stroke Center
Certified by DNV Healthcare, Inc., one of the leading accrediting agencies for U.S. hospitals, the Eddy Scurlock Stroke Center has the proven resources, infrastructure, processes, and highly trained staff in place to provide the very best in stroke care, including the following:
- Stroke care specialists that include neurologists, neurosurgeons, interventional neuroradiologists, cardiologists, rehabilitation therapists, neuropsychologists and a highly dedicated nursing staff
- Expert neuro-critical care seven days a week, 24 hours a day, to provide immediate stroke intervention and care
- Use of clot-busting tissue Plasminogen Activator (tPA) for ischemic stroke treatment at rates higher than the national average
- State-of-the-art neurovascular and endovascular procedures for repair of aneurysms and other causes of hemorrhagic strokes (brain bleeds).
- Proven protocols for the diagnoses and treatment of the underlying causes of stroke
- Active participation in multiple clinical research trials to improve and advance stroke treatment
- Award-winning Stroke Outreach Program to educate the community on stroke recognition and prevention. We provide education for patients and their families, health care professionals and members of the community.
For more information, please contact:
Jan Flewelling, BSN, MEd, CNRN, Stroke Outreach Program Coordinator
Phone: 713.441.4883 | email@example.com
- Stroke Outpatient Clinic for continued care following a stroke
- Monthly Support Group meetings for stroke survivors, families and caregivers
The monthly stroke support group meeting is presented by the Eddy Scurlock Stroke Center and is open to all Houston Methodist stroke survivors, their families, and caregivers. Meetings are held on the first Thursday of every month from 6:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Parking and dinner will be provided.
Houston Methodist Greenbriar Office Building
8100 Greenbriar, Conference Room 304
Houston, TX 77054
For more information, please call 713.441.9164