Our fellowship-trained doctors are among the world’s most accomplished and experienced neurosurgeons. We use the most advanced surgical, microsurgical and endovascular techniques available to help patients to the fullest extent possible.
You can feel confident knowing the world-renowned experts at the neurological institute, along with our highly skilled support staff, will deliver sophisticated, compassionate and individualized care to treat patient’s diagnosed with a cerebrovascular disease.
What is Cerebrovascular Disease?
Cerebrovascular disease refers to conditions that affect blood flow to the brain, including bulging or bleeding (such as brain aneurysms), restricted blood flow (such as carotid atherosclerotic disease) and vascular malformations. The affected blood vessels may be on the brain’s surface, in the brain, in the brain stem or along the neck or spinal cord leading to the brain.
We specialize in treating a wide array of challenging cerebrovascular diseases:
- Brain aneurysms
- Brain and spinal vascular malformations
- Carotid atherosclerotic disease
- Carotid cavernous fistulas
- Cavernous malformations of the brain and spinal cord
- Cranial and spinal dural fistulas
- Head, neck and facial arteriovenous malformations (AVMs) of the head, neck and face
- Intracranial atherosclerotic disease
- Moyamoya disease
Our physicians at Houston Methodist specialize in managing patients with cerebrovascular disease at the following convenient locations: