About Baytown Hospital
At Houston Methodist Baytown Hospital, we deliver high-quality, cost-effective and compassionate care — all in a healing environment. We are a full-service, acute care hospital, offering a wide variety of exceptional programs and of services.
Our hospital's history dates back to 1944 when the Humble Oil and Refining Company contributed $500,000 for the construction of a hospital in Baytown. Confirming the need for a first-class community health care facility, local businesses, organizations and individuals supplemented Humble Oil's gift with $1.2 million. In 1948, our nonprofit hospital opened its doors.
In 1950, we were the first hospital in Harris County to be honored with full accreditation by The Joint Commission. Since then, Baytown has grown, and so has Houston Methodist Baytown. In 1987, we opened a new major health care facility, enhancing and expanding the range of services available to residents of East Harris County and the surrounding counties of Chambers, Liberty and Montgomery.
The Houston Methodist Difference
What makes Houston Methodist Baytown stand apart from other hospitals?
- Exceptional services – Houston Methodist is a well-established leader in multiple service areas, including cancer care, heart and vascular, stroke care, wound care and hyperbaric medicine, women’s health and more.
- High-quality, cost-effective care – Quality health care means providing exceptional treatment with integrity, respect and compassion. We continuously measure, assess and improve our systems and processes to better serve you.
- Numerous awards and accreditations – We are proud to have received the following awards and accreditations:
- Accredited by Det Norske Veritas Healthcare, a global provider of risk and quality management. This accreditation means we are continuously improving quality of care and patient safety
- Leap Frog Group hospital safety score of “A”– the gold standard for measuring and reporting hospitals’ performance in safety, quality and efficiency
- Accredited cancer center by the Commission on Cancer, which means we provide the highest quality cancer care
- Accredited cardiac rehabilitation outpatient program by the American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation
- Accredited wound care/hyperbaric medicine outpatient program by the Undersea and Hyperbaric Medical Society designed for excellence in monitoring, managing and treating chronic, non-healing wounds
- Accredited imaging services by the American College of Radiology in nuclear medicine, pet, mammography, ultrasound, breast ultrasound and stereotactic biopsy. The hospital has a wide-bore/short-bore MRI magnet, which is more accommodating to claustrophobic patients, and offers interventional radiology services
- Recognized as a Breast Imaging Center of Excellence by the American College of Radiology for maintaining the highest standards for breast imaging
- Accredited Breast Center by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers, ensuring the highest standards of care for patients with diseases of the breast
- Accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI by the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care. The accreditation ensures that patients arriving complaining of chest pain or other symptoms of a heart attack receive the highest quality treatment
- Recognized diabetes education program by the American Diabetes Association in accordance with the National Standards for Diabetes Self- Management Education Programs. The program also offers outpatient nutritional counseling as part of the Diabetes Education Program.
- Accredited Sleep Center by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine, which means we follow all nationally accepted standards for the diagnosis and treatment of sleep disorders
- Accredited laboratory services by the College of American Pathologists
At Houston Methodist Baytown, our volunteer program offers many opportunities to make a difference in our hospital, from working at the front desk to managing our book cart service to assisting staff to providing support to various departments.
Opportunities for motivated and compassionate volunteers are available at both Houston Methodist Baytown locations.
Volunteers must be 18 or older. For more information, please contact business development at 281.420.8932.