About Baytown Hospital
Transforming Health Care
Houston Methodist Baytown Hospital has been meeting the health care needs of the residents of Baytown, East Harris, Liberty and Chambers counties for more than 70 years, and is transforming health care in the region.
Since opening its doors in 1948, the hospital has provided exceptional treatment with integrity, skill and compassion. Our highly trained, specialized medical team and physicians provide exceptional health care to the patients in our community. Our commitment to providing the most advanced treatment options allows patients to stay close to home and provides Baytown and surrounding communities with top-of-the-line medical care, alleviating the need to travel to the Texas Medical Center.
In 1950, Houston Methodist Baytown was the first hospital in Harris County to be honored with full accreditation by The Joint Commission. Since then, the hospital has continually grown to meet the demands of the fast-growing Baytown region.
In 2017, Houston Methodist Baytown launched an ongoing $100 million construction and renovation project that includes a new 20-bed observation unit, a state-of-the-art outpatient center and a three-story tower with an expanded emergency department, Level II neonatal intensive care unit and a 26-bed medical/surgical unit. The project also encompasses the renovated Houston Methodist Cancer Center at Baytown facility, which includes a new infusion therapy suite.
These new facilities will help Houston Methodist Baytown Hospital continue its mission of providing unparalleled safety, quality, service and innovation to the communities we serve.
The Houston Methodist Difference
What makes Houston Methodist Baytown stand apart from other hospitals?
- Exceptional services – Houston Methodist is a well-established leader in multiple service areas, including cancer care, heart and vascular, stroke care, orthopedics and sports medicine, wound care and hyperbaric medicine, imaging, women’s health and more.
- Putting the patient at the center of everything we do – Providing the highest quality health care means offering exceptional treatment with integrity, respect and compassion. We understand that patients have a choice in selecting their health care providers. Our physicians, nurses and staff work hard every day to ensure the safety and well-being of each patient we serve.
Why Choose Us
Houston Methodist Baytown Hospital offers exceptional health care and services and has been recognized by numerous award programs and professional designations:
- Magnet recognition by the American Nurses Credentialing Center. We are one of only 7% of hospitals nationwide with this distinction that recognizes hospitals that provide quality patient care, nursing excellence and innovations in professional nursing practice
- Recognized as a Gold Plus Primary Stroke Center by the American Heart Association (AHA) and recipient of the AHA’s Get With The Guidelines®-Stroke Gold Plus With Honor Roll Elite Quality Achievement Award
- Accredited by Det Norske Veritas Healthcare, a global provider of risk and quality management. This accreditation means we are continuously improving quality of care and patient safety
- Leap Frog Group hospital safety score of “A”– the gold standard for measuring and reporting hospitals’ performance in safety, quality and efficiency
- Accredited cancer center by the Commission on Cancer, which means we provide the highest quality cancer care
- Accredited cardiac rehabilitation outpatient program by the American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation
- Accredited wound care/hyperbaric medicine outpatient program by the Undersea and Hyperbaric Medical Society designed for excellence in monitoring, managing and treating chronic, non-healing wounds
- Accredited imaging services by the American College of Radiology in nuclear medicine, pet, mammography, ultrasound, breast ultrasound and stereotactic biopsy. The hospital has a wide-bore/short-bore MRI magnet, which is more accommodating to claustrophobic patients, and offers interventional radiology services
- Recognized as a Breast Imaging Center of Excellence by the American College of Radiology for maintaining the highest standards for breast imaging
- Accredited Breast Center by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers, ensuring the highest standards of care for patients with diseases of the breast
- Accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI by the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care. The accreditation ensures that patients arriving complaining of chest pain or other symptoms of a heart attack receive the highest quality treatment
- Recognized diabetes education program by the American Diabetes Association in accordance with the National Standards for Diabetes Self- Management Education Programs. The program also offers outpatient nutritional counseling as part of the Diabetes Education Program.
- Accredited Sleep Center by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine, which means we follow all nationally accepted standards for the diagnosis and treatment of sleep disorders
- Accredited laboratory services by the College of American Pathologists
- Accredited by the Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program (MBSAQIP). The MBSAQIP is a joint program of the American College of Surgeons (ACS) and the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery (ASMBS). The MBSAQIP recognizes weight loss surgery programs that meet national quality standards and provide safe, high-quality bariatric patient care
- Recipient of the Gold-level Beacon Award for Excellence by the American Association of Critical-Care Nurses for delivering exceptional patient care and a healthy work environment in the intensive care unit (ICU)
- Designated as one of 32 breast donated human milk (DHM) depot locations in the U.S. The depot is part of a network of collection facilities that support the Mother’s Milk Bank at Austin in providing breast milk for infants across the country
At Houston Methodist Baytown, our volunteer program offers many opportunities to make a difference in our hospital, from working at the front desk to managing our book cart service to assisting staff and providing support to various departments. Volunteers must be 18 or older. For more information, please contact the business development office at 281.420.7289.