Convenient Care Clinic
Convenient Care “SICK CALL” CLINIC at HMH-TMC Employee Health
The Convenient Care Clinic in Employee Health offers medical evaluation and treatment for urgent care/acute health issues.
Expanded clinical services to employees for treatment of common/urgent/communicable disease type illnesses, including, but not limited to sinus problems, cold and flu like symptoms, ear pain, rashes, pink eye, urinary pain, acute musculoskeletal injuries.
- Evaluations are available to Houston Methodist staff
- Employees will be evaluated and treated by nurse practitioners and/or the physician in Employee Health
- Health issues do not have to be occupationally acquired
- The convenient care clinic objectives are as follows:
- Added health service for Houston Methodist employees
- Improved access to healthcare
- Improved health outcomes through early intervention
- Decrease absenteeism and presenteeism
- Increased retention due to employee satisfaction
- Services do not include treatment for chronic conditions such as high blood pressure, diabetes and high cholesterol.
- Appointment only
- $15.00 per visit
- Services are available to Houston Methodist Employees at the Houston Methodist Hospital – TMC location only
- In general, visits are limited to a one time visit for the same health complaint. Employees are counseled to follow-up with their primary care provider for continued problems
- Visits may require follow-up visits in some circumstances: pending labs and infectious disease related cases that require clearance back to work
- Occupational accidents are considered a priority over convenient care visits. In the event of an occupational emergency, an express care appointment may have to be re-scheduled
- Location: Houston Methodist Hospital – TMC: Employee Health Clinic: Smith Tower, Suite 555
- Hours of Operation: M-F, 7:30am -3pm
- Appointment scheduling: 713-441-1391