- Internal Medicine (4 months total)
- Medical Intensive Care Unit
Four elective rotations may be selected. Electives may include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Emergency Department
- Infectious Diseases
- Medication Safety
- Nutrition Support
- Solid Organ Transplant
Residents may repeat any rotations in which they have a particular interest and they are not limited to rotations only offered at Houston Methodist.
- Clinical staffing every third weekend and one weekday evening shift every two weeks averaged over a four week period
- Resident may be asked to provide traditional staffing coverage in the central pharmacy if it is deemed that additional experience in this area is needed
- Resident will work two holidays
- Poster presentation at Vizient Pharmacy Network Meeting
- Platform presentation at Midwest Pharmacy Residents Conference
- One hour ACPE-accredited continuing education program
- Resident may have an opportunity to present at an internal conference or provide a lecture at a local university.
- The resident will complete a major research project with the guidance of a preceptor. The manuscript from this project must be in publishable form by the end of the residency year. The resident will also plan and design a major research project for the next year’s residency class in collaboration with a preceptor.
- A quality improvement project is also required which is often a Medication Use Evaluation or Quality Analysis of existing protocols
- ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting
- Midwest Pharmacy Residents Conference
- ACCP Annual Fall Meeting or specialty meeting