Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
Houston Methodist Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Section delivers leading edge rehabilitation services to help patients reclaim and restore optimal functional ability and quality of life following disease, illness, or disabilities. Our collaborative team of physicians, nurses, therapists, and researchers are committed to providing the highest level of patient care while continuing to discover and advance new, innovative rehabilitation therapies.
Our dynamic physical medicine and rehabilitation doctors have more than 50 years of combined experience in academic and clinical teaching. They offer a full spectrum of rehabilitation services at all levels — including acute care consultation, acute inpatient rehabilitation skilled nursing and long-term acute care consultation — both at our Rehabilitation Center and at a variety of outpatient clinics.
We offer a full spectrum of physical medicine and rehabilitation services, including the following:
- Acute therapies
- Animal-assisted therapy
- Athletic training service
- Cardiac rehabilitation
- Inpatient rehabilitation for
- Brain injuries, traumatic and non-traumatic
- Cancer-related conditions
- Cardiac conditions including status post CABG, VAD, or transplant
- Debility due to medically complex conditions
- Limb amputation
- Musculoskeletal disorders
- Neuromuscular diseases, including Guillain-Barré, multiple sclerosis, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS)
- Pulmonary disorders
- Spinal cord injury
- Music therapy
- Neurological rehabilitation
- Outpatient physical therapy and rehabilitation
- Physical and occupational therapy
- Skilled nursing facility
- Speech therapy
- Sports rehabilitation
- Therapeutic recreation
- Vision therapy
Our doctors specialize in physical medicine and rehabilitation at the following convenient Houston Methodist locations.
Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo is making special accommodations for guests with sensory sensitivities. Could we all use a little less stimulation in our lives?