Clinical Pharmacy Fellowship in Outcomes Research
The Houston Methodist Clinical Pharmacy Fellowship in Outcomes Research provides highly-customized research training and experiences to pharmacists. Graduates will be prepared to meet research expectations of a pharmacy faculty member and clinical pharmacist scientist at a heath-system or biopharmaceutical research company.
Provide the fellow(s) with structured education and applied research experience that will help the fellow(s) improve healthcare capacity by impacting large groups of patients through the following mechanisms:
- Remove variation and streamline healthcare delivery processes in a healthcare setting
- Identify medication use practices that are not safe or not cost-efficient
- Develop interventions to deliver standardized medical care that is consistent with high-quality research
- Develop evidence summaries and economic projections to support the medication policy decisions in a hospital setting
The 2-year fellowship will immerse the fellow(s) in the research portfolio of the fellowship director and will provide over 3,000 hours of structured education and first-hand applied experiences in the topics of epidemiology, biostatistics, clinical pharmacology, ethics, and regulatory compliance.
GOALS AND OUTCOMES
• Develop skills for study team leadership, data management, and project management
• Advance pharmacy practice by providing pharmacist colleagues with research training and support
• Serve as co-author of ≥2 manuscripts submitted to peer-reviewed medical journals, including ≥1 as primary author
• Serve as primary fellow on ≥1 funded project and secondary fellow on ≥2 funded projects
• Assist with document preparation and preliminary data management of ≥2 funding applications
• Assist with peer-review on ≥2 manuscripts under peer-review at medical journals
1-4 per year