Houston Methodist’s service extends beyond our hospital walls. This community commitment is demonstrated through the Office of Community Benefits. Community Benefits focuses on providing access to high quality, affordable health care services to indigent populations across Greater Houston while ensuring health equity for racial, ethnic and social minorities. In 2020, Houston Methodist contributed more than $1 billion in charity care and community benefits support.
Houston Methodist Health Care Access Priorities
- Access to Primary Care Services for Underserved Communities
- Access to Specialty Care Services for Underserved Communities
- Reducing Barriers to Accessing Mental Health Care for Underserved Communities
- Promoting Healthy Living Behaviors to Reduce the Likelihood of Chronic Disease Development
Houston Methodist Social Determinants of Health (SDOH) Priorities
- Development of Healthy Neighborhoods for Underserved Communities
- Providing Educational Empowerment for Underserved and Underrepresented Communities
- Cultivating Economic Empowerment for Underserved and Underrepresented Communities
To learn more about our identified health priorities, click here or, to learn more about our SDOH priorities, click here.