In support of Houston Methodist's unwavering commitment to the I CARE values of integrity, compassion, accountability, respect and excellence, eligible employees are granted paid time to volunteer at approved community organizations with I CARE in Action, an employee volunteer program. Since the program's inception, Houston Methodist employees have contributed more than 30,000 hours of volunteer time to the Greater Houston area. Our employees can be recognized by their red I CARE shirts, which symbolize their commitment to serve beyond our hospital walls. With over 30 participating non-profit agencies, employees are likely to find a cause to passionately support. The current list of approved agencies can be found below.
To Register as a Volunteer:
1. Register by clicking the "Volunteer" tab below and select "Create Volunteer Profile".
2. Complete profile utilizing your Houston Methodist email address.
3. Employees will receive a confirmation email with a temporary password and instructions on how to log back in and begin volunteering.
To Participate in Volunteer Events:
If volunteering as an INDIVIDUAL,
1. Select the "Individual Opportunities" tab below.
2. Browse available opportunities and select an event to register. Contact the I CARE in Action team if your preferred shift is not posted.
3. Upon successful registration, you will receive a confirmation email.
If volunteering as a GROUP,
1. Review the list of available group activities here.
2. Select the "Group Opportunities" tab below.
3. Complete and submit the Volunteer Group Request Form being sure to indicate your preferred organization and activity.
4. A member of the Community Benefits team will be in contact within 2 business days.
For additional information contact the Office of Community Benefits.
As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, please note you may see decreased diversity of volunteer opportunities posted below. Many of our partner agencies have temporarily reduced their operations. Be sure to check back periodically for newly posted volunteer events. Houston Methodist is still committed to taking our I CARE values beyond our hospital walls through the I CARE in Action program. Please consider volunteering with the Houston Food Bank who has a great need for volunteers due to the recent spike in food insecurity by registering below.