At Houston Methodist Neurological Institute, we offer treatments and therapies to address and minimize the challenging aspects of a wide range of neuromuscular disorders.
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS; Lou Gehrig’s Disease)
- Mitochondrial disorders
- Multiple sclerosis (MS)
- Muscular dystrophy (MD)
- Myasthenia gravis
- Myositis, polymyositis
- Peripheral neuropathy, Guillain-Barré syndrome and Chronic Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyradiculoneuropathy (CIDP)
- Pregnancy-related neuromuscular disorders
- Spinal cord, nerve, nerve root and plexus disorders
- Trigeminal neuralgia and facial nerve diseases
Our goal is to help improve quality of life and foster research to advance treatment and care. We use a multidisciplinary approach to assist patients with neuromuscular disease to live with their condition and apply the latest therapies and proactive symptom management in a positive and caring setting.
At Houston Methodist, we offer a range of laboratory, genetic and diagnostic testing to assess patients with neuromuscular disorders. Our patients will be evaluated and diagnosed by one of our physicians and follow-up visits can be scheduled.
US NEWS: NEUROLOGICAL INSTITUTE RANKED NO. 16 IN THE COUNTRY
Houston Methodist Neurological Institute is ranked #16 in U.S. News and World Report’s 2015 rankings for national hospitals in neurology and neurosurgery, we have reached this level of excellence by combining practiced skills with continuous learning and the cutting-edge research from the Houston Methodist Research Institute.