Physical Medicine &
Houston Methodist Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Section delivers leading edge rehabilitation services to help patients reclaim and restore optimal functional ability and quality of life following disease, illness, or disabilities, including stroke, multiple sclerosis, sports injuries, and traumatic brain injuries (TBI). Our collaborative team of physicians, nurses, therapists, and researchers are committed to providing the highest level of patient care while continuing to discover and advance new, innovative rehabilitation therapies.
Our dynamic physical medicine and rehabilitation doctors have more than 35 years of combined experience in academic and clinical teaching. They offer a full spectrum of rehabilitation services at all levels — including acute care consultation, acute inpatient rehabilitation and skilled nursing consultation — both at our Rehabilitation Center and at a variety of outpatient clinics.
We offer a full spectrum of physical medicine and rehabilitation services, including the following:
- Acute therapies
- Athletic training service
- Cardiac rehabilitation
- Inpatient rehabilitation for
- Spinal cord injury
- Brain injury
- Neuromuscular diseases, including Guillain-Barré, multiple sclerosis, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) and Parkinson's disease
- Musculoskeletal disorders
- Pulmonary disorders
- Chronic pain rehabilitation
- Neurological rehabilitation
- Outpatient physical therapy and rehabilitation (see below)
- Physical and occupational therapy (see below)
- Speech therapy (see below)
- Sports rehabilitation
- Therapeutic recreation (see below)
- Skilled nursing facility (see below)
Located in the Texas Medical Center, the Houston Methodist Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Section offers a full spectrum of physical medicine and rehabilitation services, including:
Outpatient Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation
Physician Clinics and Services
Our doctors specialize in physical medicine and rehabilitation at the following convenient Houston Methodist locations.
Houston Methodist Rehabilitation Center
West Pavilion 9 and 10
6447 Main St.
Houston, TX 77030
Houston Methodist Physician Offices
6560 Fannin St.
Scurlock Tower, Suite 1878
Houston, TX 77030
Houston Methodist Outpatient Rehabilitation
1701 Sunset Blvd.
Houston, TX 77005