PGY2 Oncology Pharmacy
The purpose of this residency program is to provide advanced training for pharmacists in the fields of oncology, malignant hematology, and blood and marrow transplantation. Pharmacists in the program will work as part of a multidisciplinary team to provide optimal pharmaceutical care for these patient populations. In addition, pharmacists will be capable of developing and supporting quality improvement initiatives and research efforts in the field, conduct self-assessment and commit to continuous self-learning.
The various components of this residency program shall be continuously evaluated to ensure the quality of each experience. As institutional and/or organizational dynamics change, revisions and modifications of the program may be necessary to fulfill the original established program goals.
Jose R. Murillo, Jr, PharmD, BCOP
Clinical Specialist – Hematology/Oncology
6565 Fannin St., DB1-09
Houston, TX 77030
Fully accredited by the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP)
- Paid time off (PTO) for vacation, holidays, personal reasons, severe weather emergencies, family or personal short-term illness (approximately four weeks)
- Health, dental, vision and life insurance
- 403B retirement plan
- All application materials are due January 5th.
- Apply through the online PhORCAS system.
- Send in application materials as early as possible, before the deadline, as interview slots are limited.
Onsite interview required
Must be a registered pharmacist in Texas within 90 days of starting the program
For further information on licensure, contact the Texas State Board of Pharmacy:
Texas State Board of Pharmacy
William P. Hobby Building
333 Guadalupe, Suite 3-600, Box 21
Austin, TX 78701-3942