Childbirth Center at The Woodlands
Find a Specialist Near You
Take a Tour of the Childbirth Center at The Woodlands
Houston Methodist Childbirth Center at The Woodlands focuses on the comfort, health and well being of you and your baby. We provide the critical care, surgical needs and support you may require at one location.
COMPLETE CARE FOR YOU AND YOUR BABY
- An experienced team of board-certified obstetricians, maternal-fetal medicine specialists, nurse practitioners, lactation consultants and pediatricians, as well as 24/7 obstetric hospitalists focused entirely on expectant mothers
- Neonatal intensive care unit in partnership with Texas Children´s Hospital, offering the latest in neonatal and pediatric care, as well as access to pediatric subspecialists in cardiology, neurology, infectious disease, surgery, ophthalmology and more
- Wireless fetal monitoring that allows doctors to monitor mothers and babies, while minimizing the risk of maternal/fetal heart rate confusion, offering greater freedom to move around during labor
- Meals for both the mother and her main support person throughout the hospital stay
SERVICES WE OFFER
- A wide variety of childbirth classes to help prepare you for labor and delivery, plus relaxation and breathing techniques
- Modern birthing suites for your labor and delivery, as well as private, family centered, mother-baby suites ideal for bonding with your baby
- Innovative peanut balls, peanut-shaped exercise balls that help progress labor, reduce the duration of labor and support vaginal birth
- Comprehensive pain management based on your wishes and your doctor’s recommendations, including epidural anesthesia that allows you to remain alert and involved in your baby’s delivery
- Vaginal birth after cesarean (VBAC) deliveries
- Level III NICU: 24-hour monitoring of high-risk and premature babies by specially trained medical teams that include neonatologists and other critical care nurses
- Basic and advanced newborn care, including a daily visit by a pediatrician or neonatal nurse practitioner
- Lactation consultants and breastfeeding support Learn more about our Lactation Services at Houston Methodist The Woodlands Hospital
- Complete newborn health screenings, including a blood test to detect and treat more than two dozen conditions, as well as hearing screening services provided by audiologists
- Infant security program that includes identification bands for babies and parents, as well as security sensors for babies to ensure maximum safety during your stay with us
CHILDBIRTH CLASS INFORMATION
Houston Methodist Childbirth Center at The Woodlands offers web-based interactive classes that allow you to participate with the class and interact with a nurse instructor, all from the comfort of your own home.
CHILDBIRTH CLASS OFFERINGS:
- Childbirth Center Tour
- Prepared Childbirth Class
- Breastfeeding Class
- Infant Care Class
- Sibling Class
BIRTH CERTIFICATE AND SOCIAL SECURITY CARD INFORMATION
What to pack for labor and delivery for mom, baby and support person. Click here to view our Houston Methodist The Woodlands Hospital checklist for labor and delivery.
To learn more about our current visitor policy and resources, visit our Patient & Visitor Resources at the Woodlands Hospital page.
INFANT SAFE SLEEP
Sudden Unexpected Infant Death (SUID), which includes Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), is the leading cause of injury death in infancy. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), there are about 3,400 sleep-related deaths among US babies each year. Sleep can be a challenge for families with babies, but following safe sleep recommendations can prevent many SUID fatalities. Learn more about infant safe sleep recommendations using the following resources: