Weight Loss Surgery at
Are you struggling with your weight? You’re not alone. More than 30 percent of Texans are clinically obese, which can lead to serious health problems, including heart disease, high blood pressure, diabetes, sleep apnea and more. If you’re among the 30 percent, Houston Methodist St. John Hospital can help you lose the weight and regain your health.
A Weight-Loss Program that Works
Our goal is to help you safely lose weight with a comprehensive, individualized program. Our specialists combine years of expertise with innovative technology and services to offer excellent outcomes for our patients.
Highlights of our weight-loss program include:
- Compassionate care provided by a highly skilled team of specialists, including a board-certified bariatric surgeon, doctors, nurses, registered dietitians, psychologists and exercise therapists
- Individual counseling offered by highly skilled nutrition experts to meet your specific health and dietary needs. Our nutritionists offer metabolic analysis, a simple test to determine the rate at which you burn calories
- Safe and effective results-based care as evidenced by the many satisfied patients who have regained their health through our program
Services We Offer
At Houston Methodist St. John, our specialists are committed to helping you lose the weight and develop life-long habits to improve your health. We accomplish this through the following services:
- Minimally invasive weight-loss (bariatric) surgery options for patients with a body mass index (BMI) of 40 and higher, or a BMI of 35 or higher with obesity-related health conditions. Types of surgeries include gastric sleeve, a laparoscopic procedure that promotes weight loss by removing part of the stomach, and Roux-en-Y gastric bypass, a procedure that alters the digestion process to prevent the absorption of excess calories
- Before and after nutritional plans, counseling, educational seminars (including diabetes education) and support groups to help patients achieve sustained results
See a complete list of weight-loss services offered at all of our hospitals.
Take the next step toward achieving your weight-loss goals. Attend a free weight-loss surgery orientation where you will learn more about weight-loss surgery at Houston Methodist St. John.
Call us at 281.333.1703.
2060 Space Park Drive, Suite 100
Nassau Bay, TX 77058