Houston Methodist ENT Specialists at Houston Methodist Hospital provide comprehensive diagnostic audiology and vestibular evaluation services for people of all ages. Our board-certified audiologists are committed to helping patients find relief from ear pain, dizziness and balance problems, tinnitus and hearing loss.
Our audiologists are certified by the American Board of Audiology and American Academy of Audiology. Our team will work to customize a treatment plan for each patient based on his or her individual needs.
services and treatments
- Acoustic immittance measurements
- Auditory brainstem response
- Comprehensive audiology evaluations
- Cortical auditory evoked responses
- Custom ear technology (e.g., for musicians, noise exposure)
- Electrocochleography (ECochG). An ECochG, or ECOG, is test that evaluates the cochlea. This noninvasive technique involves measuring electric potentials in the inner ear and auditory nerve in response to sound.
- Industrial audiology and protecting
- Otoacoustic emissions
- Pediatric audiology
- Tinnitus evaluation, management and treatment
Our audiologists partner with the top hearing aid brands and manufacturers to help you choose the best device for your needs and lifestyle.
- Selection and considerations
- Cleaning & repairs
- Fittings and verifications
- Assistive listening devices
- Custom ear technology e.g. swimming & hearing protection
- Musician’s hearing protection
Cochlear implants (CI)
- CI evaluations
- CI activation and mapping
- CI adjustments
Vestibular assessment and rehabilitation
- Oculomotor assessments
- Electronystagmography (ENG)/Videonystagmography (VNG). These techniques of vestibular (balance) system testing are used to identify inner ear abnormalities causing dizziness and balance problems.
- Static and dynamic position tests
- Positional tests
- Caloric tests
- Rotary chair testing
- Vestibular evoked myogenic potentials (VEMP)