Digital Solutions Core
Rebecca Hall, PhD
For questions or inquiries, please email the Digital Solutions mailbox.
The Digital Solutions Core supports the Institute for Academic Medicine by providing a web presence for their projects and programs. Digital Solutions offers a range of services that can be tailored to a team’s needs, from turn-key websites, to occasional updates, to Do-It-Yourself training for support staff.
Examples of the types of projects produced by the Digital Solutions Core include:
- Turn-key ancillary websites that promote programs involving multi-institutional collaboration and multi-organizational branding, hosted on a third-party platform
- Lab websites which allows faculty to promote research conducted in their lab
- Evergreen websites that enable clients to establish and maintain an online presence for recurring annual events, hosted on a third-party platform
- Customized Clinical Trial Directory pages featuring upgrades (such as images and videos), hosted on houstonmethodist.org
- Expand existing houstonmethodist.org presence with extra pages that offer more complex information in greater detail
- Intranet updates pertinent to relevant Institute for Academic Medicine pages
Customized maintenance plans are available for teams that need help managing web pages without a dedicated resource.
These options are available for websites to support and empower Institute for Academic Medicine internal teams:
- Simplest solution (Do-It-Yourself): Client creates and supplies text and graphics and fills in a WordPress template that automatically populates the web pages
- Mid-range solution: Client provides only text and images which the Digital Solutions team uses to build the website
- Full-service solution: Employs the expertise of the Digital Solutions team to fully create text and graphics to build the website
Below are a few examples of ancillary and event turn-key websites created by Digital Solutions: