Hepatology: Liver Disease Treatment
The hepatologists of Houston Methodist Academic Medicine Associates believe in treating every patient as an individual, like part of the family. We strive to provide the best experience in clinical care, as well as education about the condition and therapy for the patient. We also provide inpatient and outpatient consultative practice to local, national and international referring physicians and patients, and we offer a full range of tests and treatments to meet the high standards we set for ourselves.
Our hepatologists work with a multidisciplinary Houston Methodist liver cancer team comprising hepatobiliary surgeons, radiologists and oncologists, who lead one of the largest primary liver cancer programs in Texas. We also offer clinics for the treatment of hepatitis C and metabolic liver disease, also known as fatty liver disease.
We offer individualized care for a range of problems associated with the liver, including the following:
- Liver and biliary cancers
- Chronic and acute viral hepatitis (A, B, C, D, E)
- Complications of liver cirrhosis
- Genetic and inherited liver disease (hemochromatosis, alpha-1 antitripsin disease, amyloidosis)
- Metabolic liver diseases (fatty liver disease)
- Autoimmune and cholestatic diseases of the liver
- Alcoholic diseases of the liver
- Evaluation of the transplant candidate
6445 Main St.
Outpatient Center, Suite 2200
Houston, TX 77030