Specialized Expertise From Leaders in Liver Care
The hepatologists of Houston Methodist Academic Medicine Associates strive to provide individualized care for each patient through diagnosing and treating a wide range of common to complex liver diseases. Our group is made up of board-certified specialists distinguished for their research, publications and clinical work in the field of hepatology.
We believe in a collaborative approach to comprehensive care, complete with education and information, to deliver the best possible experience to our patients. Our hepatologists work alongside other Houston Methodist specialists, including hepatobiliary surgeons, radiologists and oncologists, at the Sherrie and Alan Conover Center for Liver Disease & Transplantation — making us part of a multidisciplinary liver cancer team that leads one of the largest primary liver care programs in Texas.
We provide inpatient and outpatient consultation for local, national and internal referring physicians and patients. In addition, our hepatologists offer clinics for the treatment of hepatitis C and metabolic liver disease, also known as fatty liver disease.
Our areas of expertise
- Alcoholic diseases of the liver
- Autoimmune and cholestatic diseases of the liver
- Cirrhosis and related complications
- Liver and bile duct cancers
- Liver transplant and evaluation
- Metabolic liver disease (fatty liver disease)
- Genetic and inherited liver disease
- Alpha-1 antitrypsin deficiency (AAT deficiency)
- Hemochromatosis (iron overload)
- Viral hepatitis (Hepatitis A, B, C, D, E)