Find a Cosmetic Surgery Specialist
Cosmetic surgery aims to improve the appearance of a person’s skin and/or body. Such changes can also benefit self-esteem and self-confidence.
Expert plastic surgeons at Houston Methodist have extensive experience performing the cosmetic procedures used to enhance the shape and form of the body, including tummy tucks, liposuction and face and body lifts.
Whenever needed, our surgeons leverage microsurgery, allowing for intricate operation on tiny structures, such as nerve ends or blood vessels. These advanced techniques can improve cosmetic surgery outcomes.
Expert Plastic Surgeons Offering Cosmetic Surgery for the Face & Body
Our specialists work with you to develop an individualized treatment plan that best meets your cosmetic needs and concerns.
We offer the following cosmetic procedures:
- Liposuction surgery
- Tummy tuck surgery (abdominoplasty)
Undergoing any type of surgical procedure can come with risks. When considering cosmetic surgery, it’s important to find a surgeon with the experience and expertise needed to offer the best care and results.
About the Common Cosmetic Surgery Procedures We Offer
Liposuction, also called body contouring, is a cosmetic surgery procedure used to remove excess fat in specific areas of the body if a person’s overall body weight is otherwise stable.
While not recommended as a weight loss method, liposuction removes small areas of fat that diet and exercise haven’t addressed, including in the:
Tummy Tuck Surgery
Tummy tuck, also called abdominoplasty, is a cosmetic surgery procedure used to remove excess fat and skin from the abdominal area. The remaining skin is repositioned or tightened to achieve a desired tone appearance.
You may consider a tummy tuck if you’ve previously had liposuction and would also like excess skin removed and the overall shape of your tummy toned.
Face-Lifts & Body-Lifts
To address loose, sagging skin, various types of face-lifts and body-lifts can be used to reduce excessive skin and tighten appearance.
- Breast-lift – also called a mastopexy, removes excess skin and tightens tissue to raise the breasts (can be combined with breast augmentation or breast reduction)
- Face-lift – also called a rhytidectomy, removes excess skin and reshapes tissue below the skin to reduce sagging
- Brow-lift (or forehead-lift) – raises the position of the eyebrows
- Neck-lift – removes fat and skin at the jaw line
- Arm-lift – also called brachioplasty, removes sagging skin and tightens tissue to provide a more defined shape to the upper arms
- Thigh-lift – removes skin to provide a firmer, more proportioned tone to either the inner or outer thigh