Imaging & Radiology-Sugar Land
COVID-19 Update: Our imaging and radiology services are available. The safety of our patients and staff is our first priority, and we adhere to strict safety protocols to keep you and our staff safe during this pandemic. You can schedule imaging and radiology services, including CT scans, X-rays and MRIs here.
Houston Methodist Sugar Land Hospital offers a complete spectrum of imaging & radiology services, including a wide array of outpatient imaging & diagnostic services. Our highly specialized team of radiologists, technologists, nurses, electrophysiologists and cardiologists have access to a range of diagnostic imaging and radiology services.
Imaging & Radiology Services:
A diagnostic imaging procedure that uses a combination of x-rays and computer technology to produce cross-sectional images (often called slices) of the body. A CT scan shows detailed images of any part of the body, including the bones, muscles and organs. CT scans may be performed to aide in a patient's diagnosis. Tumors, internal bleeding and internal injuries may be better visualized through the use of CT. We offer the following CT scans:
Uses magnetic fields and radio frequencies to produce detailed pictures of organs, soft tissues and bones. Unlike X-rays or CT scans, MRIs do not use ionizing radiation. We offer the following best-in-class MRI machines:
• 3 Tesla MRI
• 3 Tesla Wide-Bore MRI
• 1.5 Tesla Wide-Bore
A mammogram is a breast X-ray that can show small, early stage cancers. We offer the following screenings:
- 3D screening mammogram
- Diagnostic mammogram
- Bone Density Scan
A physician order for your screening mammogram is not required. Saturday appointments are available. Learn more about the Houston Methodist Breast Care Center at Sugar Land.
- Bone scan - diagnoses bone diseases, infections or injuries
- Brain scan - evaluates brain disorders such as Alzheimer’s disease, seizures, tumors and strokes
- DaTscan - SPECT - brain imaging to assist in the evaluation of adult patients with suspected Parkinsonian syndromes
- Hepatobiliary scan - identifies gallbladder disorders and bile duct obstructions
- Lung ventilation and perfusion scan (VQ scan) - measures air and blood flow in and out of the lungs
- Lymphoscintigraphy - evaluates the lymphatic system and identifies lymph nodes for removal
- Octreoscan - whole-body scans that identify rare neuroendocrine tumors
- Renal scan - evaluates Kidney blood flow and function
- Parathyroid scan - identifies abnormal parathyroid glands that cause hyperparathyroidism
Positron emission tomography (PET) is a type of nuclear medicine that uses radioactive materials, a special camera and computer to evaluate organ and tissue functions.Our PET/CT uses innovative software to produce highly accurate scans rapidly, a critical advantage because longer scans increase the chance of patient movement which can interfere with image quality. The table moves in a single continuous motion through the scan, which reduces patient movement compared to the stop-and-start motion of traditional scanners. This allows for less exposure to radiation and fewer retakes.
Types of PET scans we offer:
- FDG F-18 - most common PET scan which can detect brain disorders (including brain tumors, memory disorders and seizures), cancer and central nervous system disorders
- Axumin (fluciclovine F-18) - this scan can achieve early detection of recurrent prostate cancer after surgery or radiation
- NETSPOT Ga-68 - this scan can locate the smaller neuroendocrine tumors that do not show up on a typical FDG F-18 PET scan
Houston Methodist Sugar Land Hospital
16555 Southwest Fwy., Sugar Land, TX 77479Phone: 281.274.7170
- All imaging services listed above
- Physician order required (except for screening mammograms)
- X-ray walk-ins welcome
- Convenient Hours
- Monday – Friday: 7 a.m. – 10 p.m.
- Saturday: 7 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Sunday: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Houston Methodist Emergency Care Center in
8200 Hwy. 6, Missouri City, TX 77459Phone: 281.274.7170
Hours: Monday – Friday; 9 a.m. – 8 p.m.
- Outpatient CT and X-ray services available
- Physician order required
- X-ray walk-ins welcome