Applications, Admission and Tuition
- Download the Application for Clinical Pastoral Education (ACPE).
- Read the annual notice. The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act requires ACPE-accredited programs to provide this annual notice of ACPE:
- Print and complete the application per the instructions on page 2.
- Mail the completed application and materials to
This ACPE CPE center/program guarantees to its students the rights to inspect and review education records, to seek to amend them, to specified control over release of record information, and to file a complaint against the program for alleged violations of these Family Education and Privacy Rights Act (FERPA). A student has the right to object to record content. If not negotiable, the written objection will be kept with and released with the record. Grades are exempted from this right. Violations of these protocols may be reported to the Chair of the Accreditation Commission, ACPE, Inc., One West Court Square., Suite 325, Decatur, GA 30030, 404.320.1472, acpe.edu, email@example.com.
Rev. Luis Rodriguez, DMin
Spiritual Care and Education
Houston Methodist Hospital
6565 Fannin St., D102
Houston, TX 77030
His office can be reached by phone at 713.441.2381, by fax at 713.441.7725 or by email at LERodriguez@houstonmethodist.org.
The department’s admission process consists of the following steps:
- The applicant submits a completed application form, accompanied by a nonrefundable fee of $25.
- The applicant completes a face-to-face interview with the department’s CPE faculty, staff chaplains, and other members of the professional advisory group. The faculty may, at its discretion, accept a written report of an admission interview completed with an ACPE Certified Educator in another center.
- Following the interview, the successful applicant receives a letter of acceptance from the hospital.
- The applicant signs the letter as confirmation of his or her acceptance and returns it to the hospital, accompanied by a $50 deposit that will be credited to the tuition for the first unit.
In accepting candidates for admission to one of the hospital’s CPE programs, the faculty considers criteria that may include the balance in the peer group of men and women, racial, ethnic and national representation, and denominational representation.
In considering applications from overseas candidates, strong preference is given to applicants who have completed at least four quarters of clinical pastoral education in their home countries. Overseas applicants may be required to appear for a personal interview at Houston Methodist Hospital.
- CPE Residency Program: $250 for the first unit, $200 for each succeeding unit ($50 payable with applicant’s signed letter of acceptance)
- CPE Summer Program: $250 ($50 payable with applicant’s signed letter of acceptance)
- CPE Extended Program: $250 for the first unit, $200 for each succeeding unit ($50 payable with applicant’s signed letter of acceptance)
- CPE Supervisory Program: $250 for the first unit, $200 for each succeeding unit