Maternal Fetal Medicine
No two pregnancies are alike. Houston Methodist provides specialized consultation on the management of complex pregnancies, including compassionate advanced care for pregnant women and their unborn children.
We offer multiple services:
- Preconception counseling
- Genetic counseling
- Prenatal diagnosis
- Prenatal care
- Antenatal fetal surveillance
- Assisting OB-GYNs with the management of complex pregnancies
Houston Methodist provides one-time consultations; co-management of high-risk conditions; and transfer of care and follow-up as needed for mothers-to-be with medical, surgical or obstetric conditions.
Prenatal Diagnostic Services
Maternal fetal medicine specialists perform a full range of prenatal diagnostic testing:
- First and second trimester screening
- Comprehensive obstetric ultrasound
- Chorionic villus sampling
- Genetic amniocentesis
- Ultra high-resolution fetal magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
We also coordinate prenatal consultations with pediatric surgeons, cardiologists, urologists and neurosurgeons, as required.
Our physicians at Houston Methodist specialize in maternal fetal medicine at the following convenient locations: