Childbirth Center at Willowbrook
CHOOSE YOUR OBSTETRICIAN:281.737.2500
CHILDBIRTH CLASS REGISTRATION:832.699.3354
Find a Specialist Near You
Take a Tour of the Childbirth Center at Willowbrook
Every parent-to-be wants a supportive, caring environment to welcome their new baby into the world - and we want to be that place for you. See how we do it in this virtual tour of our Childbirth Center, a full-service facility providing prenatal, labor, delivery, postpartum and neonatal care.
Specialized Childbirth Care in Willowbrook
Our board-certified OB-GYNs provide highly specialized childbirth care for moms-to-be who want more options. Your dedicated birthing team delivers the level of care you need and are comfortable with — with the advanced care needed if challenges arise. We offer:
- A collaborative team of pediatricians, neonatologists, pain management specialists and registered birthing nurses that works closely with your OB-GYN
- A level III NICU to closely monitor high-risk and premature babies
- Breastfeeding support and childbirth classes, as well as postpartum care and education
Natural Childbirth Options
For moms-to-be who prefer more holistic or alternative birthing options, our OB-GYNs offer personalized care — from birthing plans to natural pain control and more. We provide the support, guidance and expertise you need to ensure your pregnancy goes as planned, as is exactly as you imagined it would be. In addition to the services above, we offer:
- A highly trained obstetrics team dedicated to your care
- Holistic amenities, including birthing balls and aromatherapy with essential oils, to create a calming environment
- Low-intervention birthing suites designed to offer natural births with little to no medical intervention. The rooms feature elements to enhance patient comfort and the overall birth experience, providing all the amenities of a birthing center and the benefits and peace of mind of a hospital.
Houston Methodist Childbirth Center at Willowbrook offers in-person and virtual childbirth classes. We now offer our classes live through Zoom, a web-based interactive tool that allows you to participate with the class and interact with a nurse instructor, all from the comfort of your own home.
In addition to the live classes, we will continue to offer our patients complimentary access to YoMingo. This is a web-based, educational platform with evidence-based content for labor and birth, infant care and breastfeeding.
CHILDBIRTH CLASS OFFERINGS:
- Childbirth Center Tour
- Taking Baby Home Class
- Prepared Childbirth Class
- Breastfeeding Class
- Infant Care Class
- Sibling Class
Patients can click here to register for YoMingo.
Services We Offer
At Houston Methodist Childbirth Center at Willowbrook, our mission is to create a supportive environment for you and your baby, providing the best birthing experience possible. Our services include:
- A wide array of childbirth classes to help prepare you for labor and delivery, plus relaxation and breathing techniques. Click here to check availability and to register.
- Comfortable birthing suites for your labor and delivery, as well as private, family centered mother-baby suites ideal for bonding with your baby
- Low-intervention birthing suites designed to offer natural births with little to no medical intervention. The new birthing suites include queen-sized beds, hydrotherapy bathtubs, walk-in showers, mini refrigerators, birthing balls, aromatherapy with essential oils, and wireless music speakers. In addition to natural pain management strategies, the hospital offers nitrous oxide, commonly called laughing gas, as a low-dose alternative to help with pain relief and relaxation.
- Comprehensive pain management based on your wishes and your doctor’s recommendations, including epidural anesthesia that allows you to remain alert and involved in your baby’s delivery
- Wireless fetal monitoring for mothers with a high body mass index (BMI) that minimizes the risk of maternal/fetal heart rate confusion and offers greater freedom to move around during labor
- Vaginal birth after cesareans (VBACs) deliveries. Trial of labor after Cesarean (TOLAC) is a planned or attempted vaginal birth after Cesarean (VBAC) and is a birthing option available to expecting moms at our hospital. Please consult with your OB-GYN to determine the delivery method best for you.
- Level III NICU: 24-hour monitoring of premature babies by specially trained medical teams that include neonatologists, nurse practioners and other critical care nurses and support staff
- Basic and advanced newborn care, which includes an onsite pediatrician who can see your baby in the hospital, as well as onsite lactation consultants, seven days a week
- Complete newborn health screenings, including a blood test to detect and treat more than two dozen conditions. We also provide complete hearing screening services by experienced staff supported by audiologists
- Infant security program that includes identification bands for babies and parents with security sensors to ensure maximum safety during your stay with us
For more information or to find a physician, call 832.426.3179.
Birth Certificate and Social Security Card Information
At the hospital, you will be asked to complete the Mother’s Worksheet for Child’s Birth Certificate. You may begin the form at home or complete it during your stay. Prior to discharge, this form must be completed and validated for accuracy by one of our birth registrars. Learn more.
You can register for your baby's birth certificate and apply for his or her Social Security Number by clicking on the appropriate link below that will take you to the corresponding DocuSign forms: