Childbirth Center at Willowbrook
Find an OB-GYN Specialist
Take a Tour of the Childbirth Center at Willowbrook
Take a virtual tour of Houston Methodist Childbirth Center at Willowbrook to learn more about the amenities.
Houston Methodist Childbirth Center at Willowbrook has canceled all in-person childbirth classes. We now offer our classes live through WebEx, a web-based interactive tool that allows you to participate with the class and interact with a nurse instructor, all from the comfort of your own home.
In addition to the live classes, we will continue to offer our patients complimentary access to YoMingo. This is a web-based, educational platform with evidence-based content for labor and birth, infant care and breastfeeding.
CHILDBIRTH CLASS OFFERINGS:
- Childbirth Center Tour
- Taking Baby Home Class
- Prepared Childbirth Class
- Breastfeeding Class
- Infant Care Class
- Sibling Class
Patients can click here to register for YoMingo.
The birth of a child, be it your first or fourth, is a momentous event for your entire family, which is why we believe in family centered, supportive care. Delivering more than 3,500 babies a year, the experts at Houston Methodist Childbirth Center at Willowbrook offer the highest quality prenatal, labor, delivery, postpartum and neonatal care, experienced providers and advanced monitoring technology — all focused on you and your baby.
Comprehensive Care for You and Your BabyOur comfortable, family focused facility offers:
- A highly experienced team of board-certified obstetricians, maternal-fetal medicine specialists, anesthesiologists, nurse practitioners, lactation consultants and pediatricians, as well as 24/7 obstetric hospitalists focused solely on expectant mothers
- Level III neonatal intensive care unit in partnership with Texas Children´s Hospital, offering the latest in neonatal care, state-of-the-art equipment and pediatric subspecialists to assist in the care of your baby.
- Neonatologists and critical care staff specially trained to monitor premature babies, 24 hours a day
Services We OfferAt Houston Methodist Childbirth Center at Willowbrook, our mission is to create a supportive environment for you and your baby, providing the best birthing experience possible. Our services include:
- A wide array of childbirth classes to help prepare you for labor and delivery, plus relaxation and breathing techniques
- Comfortable birthing suites for your labor and delivery, as well as private, family centered mother-baby suites ideal for bonding with your baby
- Comprehensive pain management based on your wishes and your doctor’s recommendations, including epidural anesthesia that allows you to remain alert and involved in your baby’s delivery
- Wireless fetal monitoring for mothers with a high body mass index (BMI) that minimizes the risk of maternal/fetal heart rate confusion and offers greater freedom to move around during labor
- Vaginal birth after cesareans (VBACs) deliveries
- Level III NICU: 24-hour monitoring of premature babies by specially trained medical teams that include neonatologists, nurse practioners and other critical care nurses and support staff
- Basic and advanced newborn care, which includes an onsite pediatrician who can see your baby in the hospital, as well as onsite lactation consultants, seven days a week
- Complete newborn health screenings, including a blood test to detect and treat more than two dozen conditions. We also provide complete hearing screening services by experienced staff supported by audiologists
- Infant security program that includes identification bands for babies and parents with security sensors to ensure maximum safety during your stay with us
We know you’ll find our warm and caring environment the perfect place to welcome the newest addition to your family. Call 281.737.2500 to schedule a tour.
For more information or to find a physician, call 281.737.2500.