Childbirth Center at Texas Medical Center
Find a Specialist Near You
Take a Peek Inside Our Childbirth Center
Classes and Tours
Houston Methodist Childbirth Center at Texas Medical Center is beginning to offer a variety of live online classes , presented by our childbirth educator. Click here to check availability and to register.
Childbirth Center Features
- Completely renovated rooms – You and your baby will be in the same warm and comfortable room throughout your labor, birth, recovery and postpartum care, for your entire stay with us
- A dedicated team of specialists – Our team includes board-certified obstetricians, maternal-fetal medicine specialists, nurse practitioners, lactation consultants and pediatricians, as well as 24/7 obstetric hospitalists focused solely on expectant mothers
- A level II special care nursery – In partnership with Texas Children´s Hospital, we offer the latest in neonatal and pediatric care, as well as pediatric subspecialists in cardiology, neurology, infectious disease and more
- A congenital heart clinic – Cardiologists, obstetricians, maternal-fetal medicine specialists, anesthesiologists, nurses and neonatologists are available to treat obstetrics patients with a history of congenital cardiac complications
Services We OfferWe take pride in offering high-quality care and advanced technology to ensure you have the best labor and delivery possible. Our services include:
- A wide array of group classes for expectant mothers and their families to help prepare for childbirth and the joys and challenges of caring for a newborn
- Family centered birth experience, including regular vaginal deliveries, cesarean sections and vaginal birth after cesarean (VBAC) deliveries, with skin-on-skin mom and baby time immediately after childbirth
- An infant security program that includes identification bands for babies, parents and staff, as well as security sensors for babies to ensure maximum safety during your stay with us
- Wireless maternal/fetal heart monitoring allows expectant mothers to move around during labor
- Complete newborn health screenings, including a blood test to detect and treat more than two dozen conditions, as well as hearing screening services provided by audiologists
See a complete list of childbirth services offered at all of our hospitals.
Birth Certificate and Social Security Card Information
At the hospital, you will be asked to complete the Mother’s Worksheet for Child’s Birth Certificate. You may begin the form at home or complete it during your stay. Prior to discharge, this form must be completed and validated for accuracy by one of our birth registrars. Learn more.
You can register for your baby's birth certificate and apply for his or her Social Security Number by clicking on the appropriate link below that will take you to the corresponding DocuSign forms: