Childbirth Center at Texas Medical Center
Take a Peek Inside Our Childbirth Center
All Houston Methodist Events Cancelled Through May
Given the rapidly evolving coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) situation, we believe that it is in the best interest of our patients, staff and community to cancel all Houston Methodist-sponsored events through the end of May. Click here for information on our free online childbirth, breastfeeding and infant care resources.
Childbirth Center Features
- Completely renovated rooms – You and your baby will be in the same warm and comfortable room throughout your labor, birth, recovery and postpartum care, for your entire stay with us
- A dedicated team of specialists – Our team includes board-certified obstetricians, maternal-fetal medicine specialists, nurse practitioners, lactation consultants and pediatricians, as well as 24/7 obstetric hospitalists focused solely on expectant mothers
- A level II special care nursery – In partnership with Texas Children´s Hospital, we offer the latest in neonatal and pediatric care, as well as pediatric subspecialists in cardiology, neurology, infectious disease and more
- A congenital heart clinic – Cardiologists, obstetricians, maternal-fetal medicine specialists, anesthesiologists, nurses and neonatologists are available to treat obstetrics patients with a history of congenital cardiac complications
Services We OfferWe take pride in offering high-quality care and advanced technology to ensure you have the best labor and delivery possible. Our services include:
- A wide array of group classes for expectant mothers and their families to help prepare for childbirth and the joys and challenges of caring for a newborn
- Family centered birth experience, including regular vaginal deliveries, cesarean sections and vaginal birth after cesarean (VBAC) deliveries, with skin-on-skin mom and baby time immediately after childbirth
- An infant security program that includes identification bands for babies, parents and staff, as well as security sensors for babies to ensure maximum safety during your stay with us
- Wireless maternal/fetal heart monitoring allows expectant mothers to move around during labor
- Complete newborn health screenings, including a blood test to detect and treat more than two dozen conditions, as well as hearing screening services provided by audiologists
See a complete list of childbirth services offered at all of our hospitals.